PS3 - Rumble & Motion Sensing...

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Elvin Pena, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Elvin Pena

Elvin Pena <b><font color=red>CyberCon is #1!</font></b> Veteran

News Credits:
  2. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Yeah, it is totally about the lawsuit. Which sucks. But honestly, I think the rumble feature is over rated. If there is any "gimmick" that PS3 should work on, maybe it should be eyetoy.

3. Elvin Pena

Elvin Pena <b><font color=red>CyberCon is #1!</font></b> Veteran

News Credits:
    Granted, Sony's not going to openly admit that the lawsuit played a major role in them leaving it out, but coming up with the excuse that the two features couldn't coexist was lame. My guess is the guys at PSM were trying to prove the excuse' stupidity as opposed to just taking pot shots at Sony/Warhawk for the hell of it.

4. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Oh noes! Sony lied about the PS3??! When have they even done that before?? ....oh yeah... Killzone... :p 

Anyway, its no suprise that motion sensing would work with force feedback. Currently even the Wii has both motion sensing and rumble on the same controller (Im sure its on the Wiimote, Im not sure if the analog attatchment has rumble or not). Its just Sony not wanting to pay a licensing fee. But not having the force feedback totally killed my joy for the PS3. I mean, come on! $600 and I dont even get a feature that has been in place since the mid 90s??! For shame! The least they can do is create a new way to produce the rumble, or a new type of force feedback all together. But I guess being creative is just something that is out of the cards for Sony.

5. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    They should go with a shock feature, instead of rumble. I think that would be a big seller.

6. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    RUMBLE & MOTION SENSING IS BLUE FRENZY IS...

Sorry. Kneejerk.

7. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The thing is Sony would look a lot more credible if they just spoke the truth, why give a bullshit explanation about the lack of Rumble? (Who is red BTW... oh noes!)

The thing is, to the vast majority of gamers (ie, not the hardcore ones) all this Sony bashing will just pass them by, PS3 will be the 'it' machine, and they'll buy it along with FIFA 2007 regardless of the price of the machine or the games.

Ah well. Much as I would like to play VF5 on PS3 I think I'm going to have to go with Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 on Xbox360. Hot virtual girls turn me on, and corporate bullshit turns me off. Sold!

8. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

LOL....man, they should just not say anything anymore, cause everything they say has been total BS lately....

even Sony fanboys cant back this one up...cause they too know the truth....

shame shame shame

9. OmegaSaber

OmegaSaber Your buttcheeks is warm

Ebay:
    This is beside the point, but do a lot of you actually care about rumble? As far as I'm concerned it's a pretty pointless and lackluster gimmick. I'm just surprised at all the attention it's been getting. Now whether it's actually for the lack of rumble, or calling Sony on it's bullshit is another story.

10. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

I sure as hell do! All too often on my PC I get too focused on what Im doing that I dont pay attention to my health, and then get killed from behind. The nice things about consoles is that they give you a little shake to alert you when something is up. For me, its a manditory feature on a console. Otherwise the console is just a massively stripped down PC with bad controlls.

11. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Strangely, yes. I say strnagely because my first thought was no, I wouldn't miss it...

Then I recall my driving performance on my DS games, and it occurs that without rumble, I don't know when my car is about to slide out, hence crappy driving.

Its extra sensory stimuli for us (as opposed to input stimuli for the console), which Nintendo has twigged on, they're giving us that extra controller speaker.

I'd actually like to place bets on how long it will be until Sony put a speaker in their controller. Seriously, if I don't see it in the PS3 Tilt 2 controller I'd be massively surprised.

12. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Don't care about rumble.

Oh, and without it in the pad, it's *really* light.

13. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    *reads the article*

My hopes for the Wii's success keeps getting better and better. :) 

14. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

"OMG PS3 has no rumble!"

"Dude wtf... I'm so getting a Wii instead, it has rumble!"

"For real? HIGH FIVE MY FRIEND."

15. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    I've gotten really accustomed to the rumble in my games. It gives the games themselves another dimension, making them feel (no pun intended) a little more real.

I tried playing Goldeneye yesterday without the rumble and it was just...weird.

16. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

Tilting is going to be interesting. I wonder if light guns will have tilt built in?

17. OmegaSaber

OmegaSaber Your buttcheeks is warm

Ebay:
    I guess I just don't play many games with rumble so that's why it doesn't bother me.

18. Nightscream

Nightscream JP TF Master Collector

Ebay:
    Just when you thought the PS3 couldn't possibly get more stupid. I so hate myself for probably buying one anyway.

19. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

I would say that the rumble is pretty important. It's the fastest way to pick up on feedback from the game, especially in fighting and FPS shooting games as far as taking damage is concerned.

One of the reasons I stopped playing with the wavebird was because I just felt like I was playing a game with one of my senses not working.

20. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

Ya, some people just don't understand the importance of rumble. They don't understand why I won't use a Wavebird because of it.