PS3 question

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by seeker311, Jan 22, 2010.

1. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    If I were to reformat the hard disk, what all would be deleted? Would things like game saves, trophies, Bluray back ups, internet searches and such be lost? I was wondering because I had made the mistake of reformatting a memory card on my camera once and it erased all the pictures on it.

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not sure bro, but I'm willing to bet that the most important thing to you would be game saves, which aside from Dragon Age, you can copy to any USB, so you might want to do that, just in case. I really wouldn't think Trophies would go, since they are tied to your profile, but I might be wrong, since it does perform a sync from time to time, but I figured what your earned, you earned, it would't remove that, otherwise any time you logged into someone else's machine, you'd lose your trophies.

edit: any games purchased on PSN can be redownloaded without a problem. Movies should be backed up, if you have any.

3. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Why would you reformat your HD?...

4. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Im not actually going to do it, but I was just curious

5. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You wouldn't lose your trophies, or any online level-ups, since they are tied to your PSN I.D. I know because I did it when I put in my new hard drive.

And while you can move your stuff onto a USB Key, it is going to need to be as big as your current hard disk. I used an external hard drive for my save data.