PS3 Problem

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by 100% Mackem, Feb 19, 2010.

1. 100% Mackem

100% Mackem Banned

Hi Guys,

I'm hoping someone here can help me !!

About an hour ago I watched a DVD on my PS3. I have just tried to put it back on and I get nothing. It still boots my wallpaper, the PS3 still plays the boot sound when it's first switched on but no no Icons or anything appears. I can't select settings or anything.

I have tried holding the power button 10 seconds while booting etc... no effect.

dose anyone here have any suggestions or any experience with this problem?

Any help is appreciated

Many Thanks

2. neek_buster

neek_buster The One Man Army

News Credits:
    I got the same problem few month ago. All I did was format my ps3 hard drive, which in result delete every save game i got. There one other way I found on the net. you download the latest ps3 firmware onto a thumb drive and the install it on the ps3. I think it should work (I should have done it this way...)

I think you can install it by holding the power button when starting the ps3 until you heard two beep, then turn on your controller. a system restore screen should open. Then you can either restore the system(which format the hard drive) or you can try update the system from your thumb drive.

check this webpage http://blogallalong.com/2008/12/05/ps3-green-light-on-and-system-wont-start/

3. 100% Mackem

100% Mackem Banned

Thanks mate, that's really helpful. I'll give it a go !

4. 100% Mackem

100% Mackem Banned

This process works and my PS3 is working fine. Thanks very much for the help Neek Buster !!!