PS3 or Xbox 360?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Simsplayer9, Aug 26, 2009.

?

Which do you like better?

1. Xbox 360

23 vote(s)
    53.5%
  2. PS3

20 vote(s)
    46.5%
  1. Simsplayer9

Simsplayer9 Wowza!

Sorry if something like this was posted.
    My DVD player in the living room broke and we're running on a replacement now, so my dad and I are considering buying a PS3 or 360. We can't decide. We were going to get a PS3 until my cousin told me all about 360 and that I should get it instead. Which is better and more worthy of a buy? My dad and I wanted the PS3 more because of the Blu-Ray but the 360 has more to offer. It can play DVDs which is what we need, more game selection, LIVE which my cousin said I would like, and more (including the amazing Natal!!!). It's hard to decide which is better so what's your opinion on these two models??

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not even getting into this, but I will say one tiny little thing. Do NOT replace your DVD player with a 360. You will need to have another DVD player. My 360 is in great condition and it still has issues playing DVDs, not to mention you'd be wearing your system.

edit: Crap, I passed 9000 posts and didn't notice it.

3. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

PS3 is a great upscaling DVD player.

Nuff said, really.

4. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    It's over 9000!!!!!!!

Ahem. Anyway, PS3. Free online service RAWKS.

5. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    as a gaming console, i went with 360, it has the exclusives i want [only ps3 exclusive i want is god of war3], the online service, and since all my friends are on live [only 1 friend has psn], i went with 360
    for online gaming, voice chat is a must, and you get a free headset that works with the 360, while on a ps3 you have to purchase one that may or may not work

alot of the games are multiplatform, so you dont have to miss out, call of duty, assassins creed, marvel ultimate alliance and bioshock

i also prefer the 360 controller

it does lack blue ray though, however since i stream all video off my mac to my 360 to watch on my hdtv, its really not an issue [connect360] as i rarely ever buy movies anyway

if you have older games such as xbox1 or ps2 games, look into backwards compatibility

the 360 has BC for most of the old xbox's major hits like halo1/2, but the newer ps3s sadly have no backwards compatibilty at all for ps2 games :( 

6. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The DVD player on the 360 is complete garbage. If that's a deciding factor, then the 360 will disappoint. The PS3 DVD/Blu-Ray player is much better. As for the other stuff, it's really up to the individual gamer to decide. Do some real research (not simply listening to us yahoos on the internet) into the features of both systems. Find out actual cost of things you will want/need for your gaming needs and weigh them carefully.

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And also (and this applies to all three systems) do research on the types of games each system provides. There is a difference in the exclusives (ie, the games that are made by the first party and will "NEVER" see light on the competition). Paid exclusives like Bioshock still have a chance of seeing light on the competition's system, so look at games like Gears, Halo, Uncharted, Fable, Infamous, Ratchet and Clank, etc etc. See which games you like and base it on that.

8. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

I agree with the dead cop autobot. Exclusives are a big factor. Others might be the red ring of death on the Xbox. Also, consider the PS3 Slim is coming out soon at 300 bucks.

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you are a big RPG fan, the 360 has a much larger selection right now, for example.

10. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    *predicts thread will become console war*

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  11. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    If you are looking for more than just games, the PS3 has the bluray but Xbox has the Netflix.
    You can get Netflix on the PS3, but then you would have to buy Play On for $40 and Xbox Live is only $50\year (but cards can be found for $40 or even $30).

As far as developers are concerned the Xbox seems to be their console of choice, and if you have family and friends on Live then I would get the Xbox.
    But again, you can't really go wrong with either one.
    If you get either system, but don't get Batman: Arkham Asylum, then you don't deserve the system.

But the pay one is better.

It's out where I live right now.

Something I never thought would happen.
    The PS2 killed in the RPG category.

12. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    PlayOn works with both 360 and PS3 (and Wii, and other devices) and is a one time fee of $40, with unlimited updates to newest version, as opposed to spending up to $50 every single year. And you get a whole lot more than just Netflix.

13. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Here's 2 million dollars if you release X$ exclusive to us for a limited time"

X$ = Star Ocean, Infinite Undiscovery, Lost Odyssey, Eternal Sonata, Enchanted Arms

TRANSFORM AND ROLL OUT!!! I SAID TRANSFORM AND ROLL OUT!!

14. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I'm gonna keep it simple. I have both but use and play games on my 360 far more often, generally every day.

360 gets my vote.

15. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you are going to use it to watch movie get a PS3. The option to upgrade to Blu-ray is nice but it still plays DVD's and while the PS3 does not have Netflix you can still rent movies from the store.

16. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Of course, reward goes to those with patience. Of those, at least Eternal Sonata eventually came out on the PS3, and with extra content to boot.

17. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I hope that's true as I am about to buy it myself.
    (DL'd the trial anyway.)
    But I have had 'unlimited updates' before on software and either the vendor goes out of business or they start doing updates on the 'basic version' and want you to pay for the 'extreeme!!!!' version or something like that.

I think the first case of that I encountered was Music Match Jukebox (back when that software was relevant.)

18. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

*readies the banstick*

19. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah. Joe put it best. Don't listen to any of us outside of the true facts pointed out. Weigh your options with your dad, and keep in mind that beyond everything that comes with it, you want a game system, and you should get the one with the games you like.

PS3 and 360 share Third Party games, but both have some pretty badass exclusives. Look at those, then check the extras and you make the ultimate decisions.

In this world, the choice it yours...

Look at me. I was once Windcharger. Now I'm a dead cop bot.

20. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wii :p