PS3 Launch Details

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by OmegaScourge, Oct 19, 2006.

1. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=7078

2. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

isn't the US/Canada only getting 400,000 PS3s at launch....which would mean, everyone who has a pre-order will be getting the movie before it comes out. And i'm guessing Canada aint getting the movie (which would make it even less)

and seeing that there's no 3rd party prices, i'm guessing its all $59.99.

3. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    ...OBLIVION? No, that's real original, including the same launchgame as 360...

Only other games that interest me are Brothers in Arms 3 and FEAR. The first only because it takes place in Holland (with the final mission probably taking place in my hometown; The Battle for Arnhem FTW!) and the latter because my PC will never be able to handle that game. Then again, it could be a direct port from the 360 version, with slightly better graphics that are still not as good as the PC version...

4. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

Only the PS3 will actually have Oblivion as a launch title, since it came out well after the 360 launch.

5. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

Anything I'd actually be interested in is either a PC port or likely not to be good.

6. Doctor Doom

Doctor Doom Doom is best pony Veteran

Seriously, I want the breakdown of how many of each version (good and crap) are being shipped.

7. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    I believe Sony said a majority of units being shipped will be the $600 model

Personally, I think that is a weak launch lineup myself. A vast majority of those titles will be available on the other (cheaper) consoles, and the first party titles lack any real impact.
    Yes, Resistance looks good, but so does FEAR, Oblivion and COD 3, and the later of which have some existing following (and each is available on no less than 2 other consoles).
    Even Microsoft (who had the same number of first party titles last year) generated more buzz with Kameo (the long awaited game from Rare), PGR3 (the established racing series on XBOX) and Perfect Dark Zero (the long awaited sequel to the smash N64 game) than Sony's launch offerings.

8. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Question for those who are more in the know:

Is FEAR a port of the PC version, or is it a different game?

9. Menasor

Menasor Jibba Jabberin' Automod

Seems like there are better titles to choose from than when the 360 launched,but alot of the games are ports which was also a problem with the 360's launch. Not enough original material with any new console these days.

I think FEAR is a port of the pc version because I'm assuming it will be the same as the 360 one,which based on the demo (I know it might be different in the full game) is exactly like the PC version. Still a good game and nice to play on bigger screens with better sound.