ps3 crapped out on me

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by UnicronHound, Mar 19, 2010.

1. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So I need to know if there's anyway to transfer all data(memory) over the to new slim ps3 besides memory sticks. Also if I resurrect my account on the new one will it still have all the trophies I had, or will I have to forget about them? Let me know thanks. Also by "crapping out on me" I mean that it got the yellow(more of an orange) light of death, though I did the blow dryer quick fix, I just don't want to have to keep messing around with it if I can get a new one with warranty.

2. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Well, you have a few options...

You account and trophies are saved online from the last time you synched. Go to the online PSN website and sign in to see where that stands, but it's the least of your worries.

If you're going to get another new system, you can do a data transfer from your old system, effectively just hook the two systems up and it will use a process to take your entire system over to the new one. Look it up, it's a new feature under the 3.0 series of Firmware. I think you just need a data transfer cable.

Otherwise, yes, you'll need to just carefully back up and transfer everything with whatever media you have available.

Sending the system back to Sony will get your HD wiped, you'll lose all your save data, but your trophies are saved on line and are secure.

3. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That happened to my friend not yet two days ago

4. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

this post also happened not yet.

5. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    I have to, as yet, understand this. :D