PS3 controller problems

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Scrappy, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Scrappy

Scrappy smiling a blacktooth grin

Anyone else here have an issue with the gay sixaxxis controller? Mine will just stop responding from time to time causing me to die while playing CoD4 online. It's a huge pain in the ass. Should I call sony and tell them they have a crappy controller? Go out and buy a new Dualshock 3?

Seriously, I want to give this whole system a shot but right now it seems that all the bad press is justified. I have never had to wait 20 fucking minutes to find an online game with my Live subscription. I seriously pick a setting and switch back to watch at least 15 to 20 minutes of TV before checking back.

Someone tell me that I'm an isolated case so I can have an excuse to mess around with my router because frankly I'm about to take this pile of crap to gamestop and just buy rock band or something.

Also sorry if this sounds ranty. I seriously just want little things to work on a $500 piece of hardware. Is that to much to ask?

2. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Call Sony on the controller. I think your in the minority on the online it takes me no time at all to connect and play. I feel bad that you having these problems cause Sonys machines are really great.

3. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    No problems with my controller or getting into games online. Had my PS3 since Feb.

4. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    can people PLEASE stop using the word "gay" when describing something that's bad?

5. Scrappy

Alright I guess I'll call Sony then. You guys both have the 2.0 firmware right? One of my friends said his started acting wonky when he updated.

Cool thanks for the help bro.

6. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Only if you don't put one controller on top of the other...

I've been keeping up with the PS3 quite well, and I have not heard of this problem. And I mean with intermittent control. It sounds like two possible causes could be a battery issue or one possibility is outside RF interference.

7. Scrappy

Right now my PS3 is about a foot away from my TV next to my Xbox 360. The two are never on at the same time. Perhaps my remote controls to the TV and cable box are causing some interference?

8. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Oh, brother...

Not unless you have RF remotes, because most TV remotes are IR remotes.

How are away do you PLAY from your TV? If it is a foot, you must be blind.

9. TonyzCustomz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    PS3 uses blue tooth so nothing really should interfere with them, the battery or connectors are messed up(1 in 100,000 factory defect I guess). I had the Assassins Creed issue everyone was having but now I have 2.01 and it works just like before.

10. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Helpful Answer: Like TonyzCustomz, I'd check to make sure that none of your connector's have gotten bent or broken. The thing may not be getting charged properly. And check to make sure you get all the updates. That last patch did wonders for the best friend's PS3.
    Snarky Answer: The real problem is that you bought a PS3 in the first place. [​IMG]

11. Scrappy

I mean it's on the side of the tv dude.

I sit about 4 to 5 feat away from my tv usually.

Good thing I didn't spend my own money on it or I'd have taken the damned thing back already. heh.

12. TonyzCustomz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got thisfrom there website Here under the specifications tab.
    "Communication:
    • Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T IEEE 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)
    • Wireless Controller Bluetooth (up to 7)"
    See IR is crap anyways an once a PS3 establishes a connection you should seldom get interference.

13. Scrappy

So then I have a defective controller.

14. TonyzCustomz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup ;) 

15. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

Is the problem that it will occasionally "get stuck" for a few seconds leaving your character standing still on worse yet, running in whatever direction you were last going in? I get that every once in a while (once a week maybe?).

16. b_ack51

b_ack51 I'm on the interweb!

One problem you are having with connecting to a COD4 game is the fact you only try once and then wait for the game room to fill up. What happens when you say you want to play team deathmatch, it'll look for a game with people playing in it and if it has a spot open for you. If it cannot find a match for you, it then creates a new match with only you in it. What you need to do is press O and retry to connect to a match.

Maybe its user error over system error.

17. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I do have 2.0, I didn't have any problems but I did hear some did. I believe the 2.01 update fixed those issues.

18. Scrappy

Well I think I fixed my matchmaking problem. Plugged in an old Belkin router I had laying around and it seemed to work pretty well.

Now I just need to contact Sony for a replacement controller. Still can't wait for a Dualshock 3 though. I can't get used to how light this thing feels.

19. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i have an issue with one of my pads, it wont sync with another ps3. it seems to only work with mine. pretty strange. it also caused problems when i took it to Twin Twists house as it wouldn't sync up.

20. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have this problem with one of my three controller it is a bad controller I have yet to replace my bad one. Let me know if sony replaces it because I will call them and have them replace mine.