PS2 transformers G1 game

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by helix, Jul 28, 2006.

1. helix

helix Well-Known Member

anyone played this or seen screen shots?

cant find much info about it. is it worth trying to get?

2. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
  3. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

THe only thing I know about it is that it was a japanese only game.

4. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Can it be played on a North American PS2?

...and I don't feel like going to google..

5. DavidLoPan

DavidLoPan Well-Known Member

No. You need a Japanese system or one that is chipped.

The game however has an option to turn on English, voices and all. The voice actors do their best impersonation of the original voices, some are good and some are god awful.

But let me tell you. This game sucks ass. There is one level however where you go up against Predaking. It's a VERY frustrating game, but it's the only G1 game out there. Not including the super famicon game.

6. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    No, it can't be played on an american PS2. Unless you've modded it.

The general concensus is that the game sucks major donkey balls anyway. It's really horrible.

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I think I'm going to go to Google for all my Transformers news in the future since any questions asked here is answered with that smiley anyway.

8. JunkionExchange

JunkionExchange Banned

I have the Game and you don't need to mod your system. You cam also buy a boot disk. Its really cheap and all you have to do is take off the front plate of your ps2. I think i got my boot disk for $25. The game its self is hard. Its not suckass. It is frustrating as they send 20 deceps or autobots against the character you pick. There are even Unlockable characters in it. The graphics are really good but the voice overs suck. The game play takes awhile to get used to because the Japanese do it backwards (or are we backwards) so their piunch is our kick and vice versa. You get to pick a main character and 2 lackeys. You also get to improve yourself and these guys as you defeat rounds. Each Character has their own special move and there are combo moves where you and your Lackey both kick your enemies rear at the same time. Ive been told there's one where all 3 of the characters attack one enemy also but I have yet to figure it out. Ill take screenshots Later. It is not your american video game where you get to kick everyones butt and they all fall down infront of you. These enemies swarm you and attack with no recourse. theres times where you fight 4 enemies at once.

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    It's a poor man's Dynasty Warriors. There are a couple of times when you can get cornered, or knocked down repeatedly with very little chance of getting up again. Sharkticons are very cheap like that.

It's an average game, nothing special other than it is G1, and the characters are portrayed quite faithfully, so it's a blast to play through and see the story, with Starscream's scheming, Galvatron and Megatron playing off against each other, Cyclonus and Soundwave's rivalry...

If it were a DVD or a special of some kind, it would be one of the best TF stories ever for those moments. As a game, its a chore getting from one of these scenes to the next.

10. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Its an absolutely awful video game, and I pity anybody who paid money for it. It shows that you can slap 'Transformers' and 'G1' onto anything and people will fork over good money for it.

If compared to the Atari/Melbourne House Armada game, it would be a laughing stock of the industry if not for its obscurity.

Armada pulverises it in almost every possible aspect, from playability, gameplay, graphics, sound, music, acting...

Note: Lots of characters to choose from does not mean 'good game'.

11. Anaconda

Anaconda Member

I own the game as well as a swap magic 3.0 boot disk to run it on my PS2. I personally love the game and the storyline makes it interesting. It definitely is not on the level as the armada game but the amount of unlockable characters + the fact it is G1+ you getting to fight (depending on your team) Sky Lynx, Abonomius, The G1 Train combiner(mind freeze can't remember name), Predaking and so many others, makes it worth the time and money invested. I may be the only one but in my opinion the game is neat and worth the small effort it takes to get and play it.

12. paskal

paskal SHWOOOO!!

What do those of you who don't like it say about the Armada game? That's my only point of reference. How does it compare?

13. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The last time I played a video game, controllers had one button on them, so I'm certainly not the best point of reference... but I've watched the Armada game being played and found it VERY impressive looking. No idea how it compares to other stuff out there.

14. SmokescreenSWE

SmokescreenSWE Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Armada is an excellent game in all regards. Fairly challenging, extremely pretty, good control and lots to do. It could have used a few more characters, but hey, it was developed in eight months and used only the initial crew. I'd give it 9/10, two years later, as I actually still play it.

G1 is a horrible horrible game. If you can play Japanese games and find it for cheap (less than $20) it's worth a try for a laugh, but compared to all decent games the last few years it's really bad once you take off the TF goggles. It's worth 3/10 or so.