ps2 game? what is this?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by SideSwipe82, May 6, 2007.

1. TILALLR1

TILALLR1 'Til All Are One

Why would I lie about it. It would be a heck of alot easier to say I hated it. Since most of you do. Must we all conform to what others think about things. You hated it and that is cool. I liked it (Not loved) and that should be cool to. I'm not saying its the best game in the world or anything. I'm just saying that it was fun and I enjoyed playing it. Mostly for the fact, as I have said, its the BEST G1 Transformer game ever made. No one has argued this FACT.

Also, didn't really pay that much for it either. So that argument can't be the reason why I like it.

2. Harmotron

Harmotron Member

I'm certainly not an "obsessed fanboy", as one poster has said. Hells bells, I don't own any of the toys as he seems to by the looks of his sig. I'm just saying I didn't find the game as repugnant as some of you seem to have. On a scale of 1-10, I might give it a 5 or so. Definitely could be better. But then again, I am not much of a video gamer.

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Which I assure you, has a huge role in you scoring the game as high as a 5.

4. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

^Truth. For anyone who plays games this is an infirior pile of shit compared against other games of it's type.

5. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    Hi Guys.

I own both games - The G1-Japanese PS2-Game and the Armada-PS2-Game.

The G1 Game is very hard stuff! Control aren't easy to handle.

I've taken more than 30 minuten to solve the first level.

Finally i've beaten only 3 levels, than i must give back the leased japanese PS2 :( 

Nice at the G1-Game is, that you play more than 3 TF's like in the Armada-PS2-Adaption.

But the grafics really sucks! Ther's no Comparison to the Armada-Game.

When you only like to shout: Fire in the Hole an shot down erverything you see, than the G1-Game is your thing.

When you dislike those things: Buy it regardless - 'cause you must collect it ;) 

No really: Buy it only when you own a jap. PS2!

6. TILALLR1

If the theme was anything other than G1 Transformers I might have rated this game a 1 or 2 out of 10. But the G1 nostalgia sets in and brings it up to an agreed 5. Granted I am no hard core gamer either. I am sure if you are you would definitely hate this game with a passion. But if you can get over the crappy graphics and poor game play, you will extremely enjoy transformering into Optimus/Rodimus Prime and driving over some decepticon scum. Its fun.

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    no one should ever have to "get over" "poor gameplay" in a video game.

8. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    I was joking. Hence the blue face with the tongue sticking out in a comical manner.

9. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Takara made a bad choice in choosing Winkysoft as the developer. I think before this game they had very little experience with 3d based games. Its seems like they were trying to make a classic beat-em up with 3d environments but their inexperience made the game lack-luster and hard to play.

10. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I realize that. The PSP is not somthing one(hopfully) plays as thier main system. It would be a nice little way to kill some time on a plane or a car ride, and it isn't associated with the movie but rather G1. Plenty of PSP games suck doggy balls, others kick ass. This would fall right in between for the PSP.

11. TILALLR1

I know. I was just messing with you too. Or was I? :lol 

12. Harmotron

Harmotron Member

This pretty much sums up how I feel about it. I liked Transformers as a kid, and that nostalgia causes me to overlook some of the games flaws. And I've played enough now that I kind of enjoy it.

I also don't think the graphics are all that bad. Obviously, they could be cleaned up a bit, and perhaps do more with light reflection, but how much better can they get when the source material is a 1980's cartoon? The premise of the story is solid, but the script is gay sometimes. Like Rodimus giving Arcee that jewel and then her getting all pissed off. But the cartoon did some pretty stupid things too. Remember when Optimus was playing basketball?

So yea, because I'm a fan of Transformers I overlooked some of the crappy aspects of the game. I'm sure if it was based on something other than Transformers I would hate it. But I'm not a big video game player, and I am very much NOT ashamed of that fact.

13. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    I play it as my main system, because of the console-quality games. You keep this crap off of my psp.

It's got enough crap.