Prowl's cutting stars - WMDs?!

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by DanielGuardian, May 18, 2008.

1. DanielGuardian

DanielGuardian Member

After seeing 22 eps of TF:A I'm convinced. Prowl's cutting stars are lethal WMDs. Weapons of minor distraction that is. I'm struggling to think of a time when they actually cut through anything. I'd go as far to say they're the most ineffective weapons I've ever seen. I'm pretty sure they'd even bounce off Waspinator's paper thin hide. Not sure if this is the first time this has been posted but just thought I'd see whether anyone else has made this observation yet, and ask if there are any particularly memorable times when this has been the case. It seems like the only reason they're written into an episode is to establish how strong a character is when they bounce off, but seeing as they bounce off everyone it doesn't even mean that much anymore!

2. Particle_Beam

Particle_Beam Well-Known Member

They slice through stones and metal, and if he uses them as cutting devices in melee, can even penetrate decepticon alloy like that from Starscream, the second-strongest of all Decepticons. It just depends where they hit. I'm pretty sure that if Prowl would target the optic sensors, they would do lots of damage.. .But this is also a children show, so the chance of him doing something like that are slim....

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    He cut Megatron's arm off with them in the pilot. Seriously though, if they always sliced up the person he was attacking, it would get very boring.

4. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

The problem is MASS. They ARE sharp but even when thrown at high velocity they have insufficent mass to penetrate an object.

Physics 101.

Still a lucky shot into a joint might cause some damage. (put a stick though a bicycle spoke for instance)

But if he uses them as hand to hand cutting weapons they are much more effective.

And as he already showed in the first fight with Megatron, Prowl is very good at using misdirection in combat.

5. 0JazzMeister0

0JazzMeister0 Autobot Jo

News Credits:
    Didnt he slice through an entire train carriage with those in Ep 19?

6. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    They're sharp, that's for sure. And being tools of a a repair bot, they don't need to penetrate Decepticon armor to be considered effective. They can cut rope and normal metal just fine, and that's what they're for. Prowl is supposed to be able to use anything as a weapon anyway.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Yeah, they can cut through a fair bit of stuff. He also used it as a buzzsaw to cut open a train car in TF&RO.

8. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

And they also pierced Blitzwing's thigh to some extent.

9. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    BBs stingers too-do nothing to the Cons, but when used in just the right way...

10. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    I'd have excepted throwing stars in place of shuriken but 'cutting' stars? *facepalm*

11. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

you know i think your right but hey distract em with one and slice with the other

12. transfan_seek

transfan_seek Well-Known Member

in "velocity" he cut open the roof of a car
    well thats the first thing i could think of that and the megatron arm thing

13. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Cutting through trains and cars is understandable, they are only earth metals.
    Cybertronians are made of much stronger materials.
    I'm guessing the only reason they worked on Megatrons arm was because it was stripped down to the bare innards.

14. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Besides the train car, Blitzwing's thigh and most notably CHOPPING OFF MEGATRON's ARM... in episode 1 they also pulverized a boulder by "hitting the weak spot".

I know what you mean about how often the stars are shown as being ineffectual... but at the same time, they've also been shown to be pretty powerful, depending on the requirements of the plot.

Which is generally true of any cartoon weapon... Megatron's Fusion Cannon and Starscream's Null Ray in G1 was no different.

Heck, the TFA Decepticons in general are like this. One moment Starscream can wipe the floor with ALL the Autobots, and puts Ultra Magnus down for the count with a single blast... next moment he's comically overmatched. Or the time that Wreck Gar set off Lugnut's atomic fist at close range... which punches a deep crater of ground, but only seemed to knock down both TFs who were at ground zero.

zmog