2D Artwork: Prowl (WIP)

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Lsnewton, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Lsnewton

Lsnewton Active Member

Decided to try my hand at creating a movie character, specifically Prowl, since I thought it'd be fun to try and get the hard-ass good guy look for him.

This is just the flats for the first design I tried, which as you can probably tell borrows a lot of elements from Bumblebee, albeit now with a much less friendly attitude.

Have a few more sketches I'll touch up and put up later that divert from BB and try to get the character down a bit better.

[​IMG]

Okay, just finished the flats on version 2. Steered away from Bumblebee with this one to try and get a more mature/authorative Prowl. The 'fins' have been detailed a lot more, and I removed the red because a) It seemed to jarring and out-of-place, and b) the blue+white colour scheme fits in more with the 'Police' theme (and with the colours on his eventual alt-mode, which will be coloured like similarly.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2007
  2. StefanXPrime

StefanXPrime Hater of all things G1

thats pretty beastly I like it

3. jazz_00

jazz_00 legen wait 4 it dary

god dammit almost the same desighn on a prowl head ive spent the last 2 days designing grrrr ..good work though

4. Bluestreak420

Bluestreak420 BS42O Prod. Inc.

nice design...I gotta kinda frown on the 'horns' or whatever you call them...they look like the top of a D-con insignia

5. Lsnewton

Lsnewton Active Member

Huh, so they do. Can't believe I didn't notice that, which is ironic since I added those two cutout slits with the Autobot sigil in mind, didn't even think of the 'con one.

6. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    nice, looks very close to bumblebee though, the movie bot faces seem pretty heavily characterised, see if you can work in some elements of a stereotypical cop face into it

7. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

i like it

8. fastballspecial

fastballspecial SAY SOMETHIN'!

News Credits:
    I agree. Maybe you could include a "visor" that is like Jazz's but shaped someone like the sunglasses police officers where. It could also flip up and down, and if you want, somehow the top of his head can be somewhat like a hat they wear. I don't know, just some ideas.

9. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

Nah man stick with the RED. It works really.

First off Prowl never really has much color in any of his versions, the black and white tend to over power. So the red crest is SUPPOSED to pop out.

Also if it helps, think of a police car that's white with a red light bar on top.

Prowl needs that pop.

10. bumblebee15

bumblebee15 Autobot

Both look great!!!! great job!

11. Lsnewton

Lsnewton Active Member

I agree that he needs the colour there, but my rendering is going to be a blue and white police car, not a black and white one (to differentiate him from Barricade), so that role will already be filled.
    Cheers for the comment, though, I'm still toying with it so the red's not ruled out just yet, and it does look good on him.