Customs: Prowl/Silverstreak/Smokescreen Spoiler (TFU 2008)

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Moroni Prime, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    got to looking at my Prowl, and I know that Bluestreak is eventually coming out in the next wave or so, and I would like to know if there's a good way to remove the spoiler. I don't mind it so much on Prowl, but for Bluestreak, I always looked at him as more of a domestic car, and the spoiler just doesn't do it for me. I can see that there's a pin, but it's only exposed on the inner leg. I don't want to drill through the outside of the car just to tap a pin out. Can you guys help?

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    all you can do is either remove that pin or cut the spoiler. I've been debating cutting it off of both those two, and then trimming the upper level off of Smokescreen, and leaving it alone on my WIP Jazz as that would further differentiate the 4, make them all more accurate as well.

3. Moroni Prime

News Credits:
    hey, just had a great thought.
    What if I were to try to cut the pin on both ends by fitting a small saw in the seem between the plastic, cutting only the pin, thus removing the spoiler?

Do you guys know of any suck pin, or have any reccomendations?

4. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

If you've got a thin enough blade that you can actually get in to do that, brilliant. I admit I'm a little skeptical, but if you can do it, I'd love to see a little tute.

Done it on Prowl, by trimming the spoiler with a scalpel. Just need to fill in the gaps and smooth it over and it should be peachy. Like you are, I'm keeping Jazz's as it is; I think that spoiler works well for him.

5. Moroni Prime

News Credits:
    perhaps I could try converting an exacto knife's blade to give it saw teeth?! Time to dig out the dremel.

6. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    can we get pics please.

7. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

A jewelry saw will do the trick... they're paper thin, and perfect for finesse cutting. Slow going on larger pieces though, especially compared to a Dremel tool, but at least you don't remove massive bits of extra plastic.

They're actually not that expensive, but I'm not sure where the best place to buy one would be.

zmog