Prowl and Wreckers Previews

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by statuesorbust, Apr 19, 2010.

1. statuesorbust

statuesorbust Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Repugnus

Repugnus ActionMaster

News Credits:
    Thanks for posting this link!

It's a cryin' shame they gave away the big Aequitas reveal in the preview, but still, the new issue of Wreckers is gonna be friggin' awesome! Can't wait! And Grimlock is long gone and possibly mad? I almost wonder if this means he somehow found his way into Shockwave's "handpicked crew." So much fun stuff to consider!

As for Spotlight: Prowl... I've been very apprehensive of this issue, and I hate to say it, but this preview isn't doing anything to win me over. I'll probably still pick it up out of morbid curiosity, but I just don't find myself particularly looking forward to it. Hopefully it'll pleasantly surprise me and end up being a solid story, but for now I guess I'll have to wait and see. Also, I find it interesting that they had Nick do the alt cover, perhaps to throw a bone to all the people who haven't been thrilled with Costa seemingly reversing Nick's portrayal of Prowl?

3. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

So basically Aequitas is this super computer that holds all the Autobots secrets. Im guessing Prowl sent the Wreckers to recover all the Autobots dirty secrets before Overlord could decipher them himself. I cant edgy reading every page not knowing if one of these guys are gonna get vapped. Cant wait!!

4. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    zomg. EJ and Mr. Dalhouse make an amazing team. im in love with every page in that preview <3

oh and. yay wreckers! xD

5. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    the prowl pages had a hellboy like quality to them. I'm very excited. This may be E.J's best work yet.

Also wreckers just keeps getting better!

6. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I hope Grimlock isn't too far gone. I would love for him to show up by the end of the Wreckers mini. I'm really liking the artwork on Prowl, and I agree that it has a certain Hellboy vibe going for it. That's not a bad thing, either! Hopefully, the story will be just as good as the art.

7. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Both look great! can't wait for the trades!

Do we know what the next Spotlight will be?

8. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    Niceeeeee.. :D 

9. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    I have a feeling that Grimlock being driven mad means his speech pattern is gonna go from normal to his G1 Dinobot speak.

Would be an interesting way to integrate it into the IDW continuity if it turns out true.

10. TwinSpin

TwinSpin Hot Coffeebot

Okay my nerd alarm just went off. IS IT WEDNESDAY YET????!!!!!!

WRECKERS: Every page has so much tension, character, development - Such great writing on this series - this team should take over ongoing, or keep doing great miniseries like this. Howbout a WRECKERS ongoing - woot!!! Love that Prowl is behind Ironfist's appointment. Great revelation. Can't wait till they unite Fort Max's spark with Aqueitis, with Verity as the human headmaster to operate it. SO gonna happen. Best comic limited series since AMBUSH BUG!!!!!!

SPOTLIGHT PROWL: Best human designs in a transformers series. And I love the look. Hope E.J. redesigns ONGOING and soon! Will buy both of these Wed. :D 

11. shin03

shin03 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Last stand of the wreckers is awesome. This is the most violent the transformers have ever gotten!

12. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I love the N.W.A. cover Strait out of Icon bitches!!

13. eTalking

eTalking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wreckers just keeps gettin better and better. pickin that up wednesday for sure.
    prowl's lookin pretty good, too. but ill probly wait for a trade to read it. picked up the first 4 volumes of trades, so id hate to break the pattern.

14. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Come on... HOW will spending eight months disguised as a cop car help the humans rebuild Earth!?! This is an immensly stupid setup just so that the writer can write a "cop story" with Prowl. Because, you know, since he transforms into a police car, he must be the "Autobot cop". Thanks for disregarding his previous personality in a matter of 2 pages...

I'm more looking forwards to the Wreckers comic, with Furman relegated to the Movie universe now, this is the best G1 stuff we're ever gonna get from IDW for a long time, IMHO. And it is very good. I hope they give Roche another project on G1 after Wreckers.

15. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Grimlock, nooo! :( 

16. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I knew Grimlock would be mentioned but wouldn't play a big role. I think Wreckers serves partly to get the big name characters in G-9 back into play. Shockwave had a couple of pages, off he goes, Grimlock is somewhere, off he goes. Although, it's Grimlock, we all know he's not going to be mad or dead, he's probably gonna show up looking for the other Dinos.

17. DJW107PRIME

Ebay:
    Perhaps more Wreckers!!!:drool: 

18. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If there'll be any of them left standing at the end... remember, it is their "Last Stand", after all.

19. DJW107PRIME

Ebay:
    Duh prequels :rolleyes2  :D  Like what happened to Impactor and Rack&Ruin.

20. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

Yep, that's pretty much what made me dislike the ongoing and the Bumblebee limited. So much with same faces behaving differently of what we expect, I don't know. Is it really over? Have they run out of ideas? I mean, Bumblebee Prime, elected, of all things? IDW universe sometimes feels like a What If... bunch of comics.