Proud, yet so ashamed

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by suburbanzombie, Jul 10, 2007.

1. suburbanzombie

suburbanzombie Well-Known Member

OK, so I hit up one of my local TRU this weekend, and found a load of TF toys which I have yet to purchase; TRU Exclusive WW Titanium Megs & Prime, TRU Exclusive Titanium 3" Prime & Bumblebee, Primal & Megatron BW 10th Anniversary set, Titanium Rodimus Prime, Classics Cliffjumper & Classics Mirage. Here's where the pride & shame come in. I went to TRU with the express purpose of buying some new TF stuff, and walked out with none of it. I'm proud for not spending the money I shouldn't be spending being so broke, and ashamed for letting my inner geek down. On a lighter note I got 2 Speed Racer diecast figures w/cars for the wife! (she was happy, that's good) and at Target this morning I finally found the Prime w/ Matrix & Unicron ROBOT HEROES set as well as the Prime Titanium Target Exclusive 3-pack. Anyway, had to rant. Go ahead, tell me what a bad collector I am.

2. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Nah, you're not bad. You're just being frugal.

Most of the stuff you listed should be there for a couple more weeks so you've got time to pad your wallet for the inevitable shopping spree when you go back.

3. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

I think you're smart. I am trying to control my spending on toys. You should be proud that you could walk out of TRU without buying anything.

4. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    Nah, it's great that you resisted. It's funny how much more sense not buying stuff makes when you are actually trying to be practical with your money. Like, say you were hungry and needed to buy groceries. You can get enough stuff to eat for days for about $30-40 bucks, money you would have dropped on a big toy without blinking.

I dont regret on passing up Leader Prime each time I've had, or the time I left behind the UM/SW Target two pack for $13.88. In hindsight I dont think I've made better financial decisions. A lot of collectors are either still living with their parents, have some combined income, or have the money to drop. And then there are those who love it but also have to fend for themselves.

5. suburbanzombie

YAY! I'm getting backed on my sad yet grown up decision.

Seriously though, had I not been all "come on honey, let's buy a house, it's a good investment..." and such, I'd have way more money to blow on fun shit! GAH! Why did I have to go and get all grown up? (sorta)

P.S. anyone wanna buy a set of all the nights of the round table & patsy from MP & the holy grail? I don;t wanna see them go, but again, I am broke and figure I can make a bit of ching of them.

6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Was also happy when those new Robot Heroes sets showed up, was lookning all over for that Unicron at the start, did'nt know they were part of wave 2 at first

That Walmart RH exclusive set is awesome, hope you found em

7. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

well at least you still buy stuff for ya woman to let her know you care, right?

8. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

Self-denial is a virtue of the highest quality, and he who has it not, and does not strive to acquire it, will never excel in anything.
    - John Conybeare

9. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dude...seriously you have nothing to be ashame off...IMO you have more willpower than me...I'm simply addicted to buying...the moment I see a well designed, well engineered toy especially robots I go crazy...

10. suburbanzombie

ya, that's how i look at it, i just gotta learn to ignore the eyeball rolls and groans when i start ranting transformers. oh well, tonight it HP 5, her night to geek out. :)  time for bed! (3rd shift kills, but its great hitting up Target when they open!)

11. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

Good show. You did the right thing.

12. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios Humility > Huge Ego

Good for you man. I only wish the numerous amount of times that I passed up Leader Optimus or Leader Megs could make up for the two times that I splurged like crazy on the rest of the figures.

13. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Not "bad" at all. You were being responsible.

14. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    Better than me. Every time I go to TRU I always walk out with something.

15. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I bow to your self control. I am shamed. I shall now commet hari kari ***URK***

16. suburbanzombie

with everyone so proud of my self control, who wants to buy me a present for doing so good? :D 

17. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^sssssmmmooooootttthhh

18. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I have no self control when it comes to buying TF's. I even bought TFTM Swindle the other day because I had everything else that I wanted from Wal-Mart. I hate that stupid faceless head...

Congrats on your show if restraint, man!

19. suburbanzombie

not getting swindle is an easy restraint.
    1. he looks like crap, from his lame ass camera face to his gun chest to his god damn annoying feet, and this holds same for all the non movie figures. i doubt i'll buy any from what i've seen. not getting the real gear toys has been a challenge, as well as the fast actions battlers (ironhide actually looks pretty cool). i buckled a bit today with the robot heroes & titanium prime 3 pack, but all in all i'd say i've shown a great deal of restraint. although, with megatron on sale at target this week, if i see him i'm buying him, no f'ing way i'm missing out!

20. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

cute....but no.

Yeah it seems no one has self-control here. Luckily having a woman will change it. I was buying so much crap than I bought the lady friend a $100 gift for Valentine's day, oh what's this from the bank...that's right an "over-draft" I was only -$30 got it fixed and been good since. Now I look for ways to save the most money. Find small amount gift cards in the trash at work and stuff.