Protoforms

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by jametron, Jul 5, 2008.

1. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    OK, we saw Jazz, Ironhide and Prime in their natural forms. I'm sure there are differences between them all, but not alot at a glance. Now when it comes to Megatron and Frenzy it's a whole different ballgame (even between the 2).

So what's the deal here?

2. pud333

pud333 Well-Known Member

I don't think they gave it much thought when they created the protoforms. To be honest, I haven't given it much thought either.

3. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

Personally I'm not convinced those were their natural forms. It could have just been a basic form the Autobots assumed for spaceflight/atmospheric entry.

4. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

They just transformed into something that could fly through space, but Megatron's form was already capable of space flight

5. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Also, the models for the protoforms in the film were/are the same.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Yup.

All (Autobot at least) Protoforms are the same in appearence, just like Protoforms in BW. They strip their bodies to the bare bones so they can reformat fresh when they land on a new world. Megatron was not in his Protoform mode, but just his Cybertronian form.

7. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i dunno...my guess is because they all assumed that "meteor" form. but valid point, i'm going to be thinking about that one...

8. ashion

ashion Well-Known Member

What we saw was like the bare bones or as Bay said in the making of stuff, their base skeletal structure that makes up their bodies under the layers of armor.

When they are entering the atmosphere, I always put it down to what ur seeing, peeling off them and breaking up, is the remains of their previous armor used to protect themselves while in space. Their shedding it to not only make way for a new set but also to help protect themselves.
    I was under the impression they literally regrew their armor to suit the new alt mode they scanned. Since it was pointed out in the movie they can effectively regenerate their armor.

With Megs that wasn't his protoform, that was his original Cybertronian alt form of the jet. They explained in the making of stuff that they made Megs too proud and vain to even consider hidding himself or taking on an earth alt mode.

9. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Well, if the "protoforms" weren't the Autobots natural forms on Cybertron, I suppose it all makes sense then! I just wasn't aware they weren't their natural forms.

10. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Maybe the protoform is the body they wear under their atmospheric-entry armor?

11. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    It's just that IDW made the mistake to assume those are their cybertronian modes.

12. Vladakris

Vladakris Predacon

Protoforms to me strangley enough look like KFC chicken legs to me.

13. Kortex

Kortex Well-Known Member

All the same with different sizes... They scan vehicules that actually fit their height.. Thats why they decided to have Megatron keep is protoform cuz he s the leader and having him being smaller then a F-22 raptor or a tank wouldnt have help built up his credibility as the leader of all Decepticons... Thats why I think Soudwave should be a new concept F-117 Nighthawk stealth military plane... At least he ll be as big as Megatron and Starscream in his robot form.... And could ''eject'' Ravage and Laserbeak.....

14. Michael_Prime_2K7

Michael_Prime_2K7 The Crafty One

I think Soundwave should be some high speed aircraft other than the F-22. Possibly, some ground vehicle with a good sound system. They wouldn't have to change his name.