Protoform Prime in the teaser trailer :0

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by knook, Jan 18, 2007.

1. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Object that the two human characters see crash is Protoform Optimus Prime. :) 

2. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    That is correct!

3. knook

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sorry, i didnt see anyone post this i just assumed that it hadnt been reported

4. Ramulus

Ramulus Rhinox is my anti-drug TFW2005 Supporter

It was kind of assumed, but still worth mentioning to those who haven't seen the trailer or the leaked images of Protoform Prime. I would have liked to have seen stasis pods land, and scan stuff and all that, but I'm not complaining.

5. AutobotSDG

AutobotSDG Well-Known Member

It looked to me like it had a golden color similar to that of the Protoform Starscream... but I'm guessing the script says it's Prime?

6. knook

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why cant fans work on the transformers movie because thats a great idea

7. Ramulus

Thanks, but my idea is hardly original! :) 

But from what I have read of the leaked script, they arrive in protoform mode, then they scan for their new bot/alt modes. So kinda cool, but I liked the concept that BW introduced of the whole stasis pods/dna scanning and such. Hopefully, one of the sequels will feature protoforms landing in areas not inhabited by humans, and have to scan animals for their alt modes. Just fantasizing. :) 

8. PakiroVah

PakiroVah Hasbro's Slave

Well, that's what happpens to Scorponok. His scorpion mode, although lacking, is better than a cactus.

9. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    That is correct.

*CONTINUE READING AT YOUR OWN RISK - POSSIBLE SPOILER BELOW*

From the script that I read, the only TF's that we see land in protoform are the Autobots - except for Bumblebee who has already been on Earth for quite a while and who summons the other Autobots. Same thing for the Decepticons - they don't get summoned and come crashing down to Earth in protoform like the Autobots do - they are already here as well, kind of waiting to be "awakened" once the Allspark is located. The only active Decepticons are Barricade, Frenzy & Blackout, and if I remember correctly, it's Barricade who awakens the rest (Starscream, Brawl & Bonecrusher). Or something like that anyway.

10. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    lol, if fans worked on the movie, then it would be a mess because everyone would have different ideas (-_-)

11. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    POSSIBLE SPOILER

From the rumors I heard, Starscream is no longer waiting, but the one who is in command of the Earth Forces (don't know if we'll see his base of operations though...).

END SPOILER

12. @l3x

@l3x Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I came into this thread fully expecting it to be a 'TF in the swimming pool' argument. I was pleasantly surprised.

13. WWMEGATRON

WWMEGATRON Well-Known Member

At first that's what I thought but later I thought it coud've be Rachet. Of course later on ,one of the members posted a thread of spoilers confirming the first.

14. Ramulus

I'm sure hoping you are right about that, it makes me all tingly, and I hope they show him doing the actual scanning. And I'm glad they chose a scorpion over, like you said, a Botanica-Bot.

I found these randomly surfing around. How cool would it be to have a metal kit like this for Scorponok?

http://www.hlj.com/product/GAK62069

:thumb 

15. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Same here.:lol 

16. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I don't think Sam and the girl see the crash, but rather see what's left shortly after prime leaves the area. In the trailer all they show is them overlooking a smoldering crater.

Well I think there are two basic reasons for the abandonment of actual pod crafts.

1) The film makers questioned why robots who can become vehicles would need a personal vehicle to travel in. The deep space travel discussion aside, it's easily concievable that a transformer can temporarily assume a 'stasis pod' like alt mode if it has the capabilities to reformat themselves(to a degree) like we see in this film.

2) Their landings are supposed to be as secretive as possible, leaving as little evidence that an alien being was there. If they used pods, they would have to hide them or carry them, creating a huge liability in their discretion. It's a similar concept to advanced paratroopers. Get dropped into enemy territory and leave no signs that you were ever there.

The overall concept works for me. They reformat into a craft capable of safe atmospheric entry, land on the surface under the guise of normal comets, find the nearest suitable object, copy it's form and drive off to blend in with the rest of the world. This way they land undetected, leave no trace of their origins and, other then a little girl who will forever see the toothfairy as a 20' tall mechanical skeleton, leave no witnesses.

As for the rest of the discussion, though I have no problems with the bots, much of the leaked story so far kinda bothers me. If anything the story behind the conflict will be the worst part of this film as the action sequences are almost gaurenteed to look spectacular, but the time between might actually be painful to watch. Hopefully the bots get the character development they deserve as that's going to be a big part of what makes this film stand out.

17. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

http://www.hlj.com/product/GAK62073

Just paint some 'Warning' and 'Intake' signs on him and I doubt anyone could tell the difference >_>

18. Ramulus

True, I saw that one! But one based on the actual character design would be even better! :) 

All in all tho, that still tempts me!

19. Ramulus

You make excellent points, and it makes perfect sense for them to do it the way they are. I guess it's just the BW/RID fan in me that would like to see the stasis pod technology technology explored more. The pods seem to serve their main function by protecting the protoforms, which are rather helpless in that state, so having a bot that can assume that functionality makes a lot more sense as you described it.

20. Salazaar

Salazaar Banned

Trolling, flamebaiting, and name-calling are not welcome here, please read the rules - TFW2005 Staff