Protoform army shoulda been Constructicons.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SentinelPrime, Jan 8, 2010.

1. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    Hi there.

Well, I was just reflecting some on ROTF after taking a break from it for awhile, and was thinking on the Protoform army from the conclusion of the film.

I think that really hurt the final battle by making it more confusing to A) the general public, and to B) me by wondering why the heck there's a buncha naked TFs running around.

I decided that if there were Constructicon clones, that all of the protoforms should have been Constructicons instead. Use the clone angle, but really play up on it, not to mention the Constructicon bodies would have been alot more useful than naked skeletal protoforms. It would've helped the Devastator scene as well, because instead of just showing the confusing scene of the constructicons driving up when they were either dead or somewhere else, it would've been apparent that there were just lots of these guys running around, maybe even including a brief shot of protoforms scanning each other in succession after crashing...

Anyhoo just a thought that imo would've helped the chaos at the end greatly.

Your thoughts?

2. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Almost anything would've been better than the random protoforms (takes away from the concept of Transformers to me), but I'm sure if they were all Constructicons there would be a whole new round of complaining about whether or not they should have (or should not have) combined.

3. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    protoforms would have been nice, if only they gave us some characterization or lines to them, not just little words here and there.

4. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

then people would wonder why they all didnt combine into devastator(s). lol.

5. Evil_the_Nub

Evil_the_Nub Well-Known Member

Naa the protoforms worked in the context. There's no reason for them to disguise themselves so whats the point in having an Earth alt mode?

6. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe they could have mixed it up better. Seemed characters like Long Haul and Scrapper didn't really get much scenes, while we had tons and tons of scenes with protoforms left and right.

7. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

What's the point? WHAT'S THE POINT?! Because they're Transformers! Not only are they more than meets the eye; but they're also robots in disguise!

Actually, I have another idea insead of using a Constructiclone army, they should have used some of the toy models from the ROTF series they didn't make it into the movie. Not all of the cons had to come from space. Some of them should have just popped out of the woodwork.
    Their were Decepticons already deployed on Earth; some of them should have been used.

8. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    *shakes head*....the extra constructicons WERE protoforms after they scanned the construction vehicles......

9. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The protoforms arrived to kill, destroy, explode and then leave a dying sun-less planet.

There was no need for disguise in that scene.

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think they need something really narrow for clones instead of something a broad as Constructicons. Just makes it a bit confusing as to who is character and who is not a character if you have too many robots as clones or you end up with questions like why can some Constructicons seem to form Devastator and some can't.

If they want to use some form of generic Decepticon grunt then keep it to just one type and add some info for the viewer that it's some sort of mass produced grunt without the higher processors of actual Decepticons.

I kind of hope that with a new writer he will get the idea that the protoform idea isn't as cool as the robots actually having some vehicle mode on Cybertron so that even protoforms will be able to transform even if it's to some sort of Cybertronian mode.

11. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

New capabilities like flight or artillery?

That would have made for an awesome battle, hot tank on tank and plane on plane action!

- Coeloptera

12. Chris B

Chris B Well-Known Member

Agreed. The only thing I'd change is showing them transforming into Cybertronian tanks and jets.

13. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    I'd actually prefer the Clone Army to a Constructicon army. At least with Protoforms I can pretend that they're individual robots.

14. guard convoy

News Credits:
    this is how it all went down:
    the protoforms arrive at earth.......they all look alike.....two protoforms scan the same type of vehicle (aka lets say green dump truck)......well it is basically the same thing transforming twice.....whala, two long hauls.......and it explains blackout/grindor.......

15. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Something tells me that having those capabilities is not dictated by their alt-mode, rather that they have those capabilities and that affects what alt-mode they scan. I'm not sure that they have to scan something to be able to fly or to gain a few BFGs.

16. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, the Constructicons that include Long Haul were already in the quarry: it's when the thirteen protoforms (as stated in the soldiers' dialogue) arrive that a few become another Long Haul, Scrapper, Mixmaster and Bonecrusher (Rampage I'm unsure of because we see a protoform snatch Sam's parents in Paris, the one that resurrected Megatron is red too but we see a yellow one form Devastator).

IMO, I didn't like the final battle much and wish we'd got characterization for each Constructicon which would fight NEST, and finally Demolishor, with one blind eye, shows up to combine them all and wreaks havoc. I seriously don't know why the writers had Devastator fight Skids and Mudflap.

17. guard convoy

News Credits:
    i was explaining how it was possible to have several constructicons and blackout/grindor sheesh

18. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    this..:thumb 

19. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    They did talk actually. The one that got his head shot off Yelled "Curse You"