Protectobots head hunt... need help

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by thebigdb, Aug 28, 2012.

1. thebigdb

thebigdb Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I have a couple projects going on at the moment, but I just wanted to ask for general help with a character study of the Protectobot team. I’m planning on making a MP combiner, & have been trying to get head shots of the team. I did manage to find a few decent shots of Groove & Streetwise off of YouTube via hunting down the shows that they were in… but I haven’t found many images of them. I did happen to find box art scans, & a few images of First Aid from the comic book… but that’s it. Normally when I do a search, I just find images of the toys themselves. Can anyone help me out here?

The next step that I am thinking of doing, is taking the G1 figures themselves, & 3D scan their faces & rescale them to the new scale. I will be digitally doing everything, & not do it by hand. There are some good sculptures on this site… but due to a medical misshape that happened to me a few years ago, I don’t have the dexterity to do that anymore. In a way doing it all digitally has been a fairly easy process… & somewhat faster than what I remember being like by hand. The only down side to it, is that I have to mail it out & wait for it to return to see it in the flesh.

But long story short, do you guys have any good head shots of each figure that I can work from? This is what I have so far.

Attached Files:

2. thebigdb

thebigdb Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The rest of the images that I found towards the project

Attached Files:

3. shadeozero

shadeozero Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    the original figures are tiny and not much detail i'd find comic artwork or cartoon pics from g1 btw put in creative gd next time plz as it belongs thier until work is shown

4. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

You might want to google character art.

5. BLOODRAGED189

BLOODRAGED189 In it for the engineering

News Credits:
    This belongs in creative gd.

6. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Look up the episode, the ultimate weapon. it's mainly First Aid and Hot Spot centric. (not to mention one of the best episodes of season 3)

7. SwerveGears

SwerveGears Autonomous Robot

News Credits:
    If I make a suggestion, I would recommend Cybertron Leader Class Optimus Prime's head as a base for Hot Spot's head. Hot Spot has an optional faceplate, as can be seen here:

[​IMG]

The Cybertron Optimus Prime head has an optional faceplate built in, as can be seen here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Really, all you would need to do is modify the paint-scheme of the head.

(Credits to Seibertron.com, TFWiki.net, and tfu.info for headshots.)