Minor/Repaint: Protectobots: Blades (WIP)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by maximus_primal, Jul 10, 2008.

1. maximus_primal

maximus_primal Autobot

Okay, been convinced after seeing Univ Blades and putting my son's Evac next to the team, I will go with Univ Blades with a little repaint to make him more like G1. This is my thoughts. No changes to vehicle mode (at least not till I get it and look it over really good). Minor changes to robot mode, mainly adding more white to lighten his looks up and of course making his head look more G1. What are you thoughts? Until I get this I will be moving on to Hot Spot next. So look forward the updates for him coming soon. :D 

Attached Files:

2. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

One little point; since G1 Blades didn't have big wing things sticking out in robot mode, you'd probably further the homage more if you transform him with the tail down against his back. I think you'll find that actually makes quite a difference.

3. maximus_primal

maximus_primal Autobot

Didn't know they did that, I got my son's Evac and saw what you are talking about. I like it. Thanks.

4. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Sweet idea, man. I think this will turn out well. The tail section looks decent folded out, but I agree that it looks a bit better folded down--but it's all up to you and what you prefer. Can't wait to see what you crank out, bro.

My bud WheelJack just recently posted one that he completed, if you're interested in checking it out for reference.

Here ya go: Blades by WheelJack

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    This shouldn't be too bad, main differences are the arms I think. You ought to use primer to make it easier to paint the lighter white over them.

6. maximus_primal

maximus_primal Autobot

Thanks. As for WheelJack I actually have those pictures saved for points of reference and ideas. His what actually made me really rethink my idea after I saw what Hasbro was releasing. :D 

Thanks for the pointer, I was wondering about that. I will be sure to do that thanks!