Protectobot Question

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by adamme, May 11, 2008.

1. adamme

adamme Well-Known Member

In season 2 when they appeared it was as if they weren't just a sub-group they were a totally separate team of Autobots and they hung out in their own base, can someone please explain that. I mean whats they're G1 background in terms of the cartoon

2. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

New toys to sell. Thats about wraps it up for the Protectobots. They are the only the ONLY sub-group to not get their own "hey kids, buy my toys!" episode. They just appeared in "The Revenge Of Bruticus" and they didnt even combine or transform for that matter. And Im a fan of the Protectobots.

3. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sadly the Protectobots were given no back story episode in season 2. They did get the focus in an episode two in season 3, but then it was mostly First Aid and him being a pacifist.

4. adamme

adamme Well-Known Member

I thought so, but couldn't remember, been a while since I've watched the G1 episodes, will have to dig out the series

5. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

"The Ultimate Weapon" is the episode Motor Master is speaking of. It shows of Hot Spot's leadership abilities as well. It's a great all around episode. It highlights several characters personalities really well. It's one of my favorites.

There were also some other episodes in season 3 that highlighted Hot Spot's 'all bussiness' type of personality as well.

The Protectobots were the comber team that got the least amount of attention by the series up until near the end of the series when the Terrorcons and the Technobots arived.

6. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    That does make them fit in with the other Season 2 'bots that just sorta showed up without any explanation. It helps to not think about it too much.

7. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I don't think they got a proper origin introduction in the comics either. They showed up with Optimus as Megatron showed up with the Combaticons and that was it. I guess since a big thing had been made of how the Aerialbots were created there was no need to go through it again as the process was just about the same. In the comic, anyway.

8. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There was potential for a nice conflict between the Combaticons and the Protectobots in the cartoon. All they needed to do was set them up as old enemies like they did with Omega Supreme and the Constructicons. The twist being the Protectobots were responsible for Megs discovering the Combaticons treachery and having their sparks imprisoned on Cybertron.

9. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

Good Idea Motor.