Pros and Cons.

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by soundwaverulls, Apr 2, 2012.

1. LordScreamer

LordScreamer Well-Known Member

So yeah, here is an example of immaturity.

2. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

Oh come on dude, have a little fun for once. It's not immaturity, it's just being a little humorous to lighten the mood.

3. Stygimoloch

Stygimoloch Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok, I wasn't here back then, but did people pour over the little details of TFA, or were people too busy arguing about the style? Cuz honestly, this is just inviting more argument. I mean, we should be able to have a civilized discussion about the shows pros and cons, but if you think thats ever going to happen over the Internet, you sir, are sadly mistaken.

4. megapork

megapork Cheese

Pros and Cons of TFP

Pros:
    -Great Animation
    -Interesting Concepts
    -Great Action sequences
    -Above Par Voice acting, Welker and Blum are now VA gods

Cons:
    -Plotlines that go nowhere
    -Wasted Potential of plotlines and concepts
    -Not enough focus on other characters
    -Despite the great amount of detail put into modeling, some minor mistakes are still made
    -Shock Deaths

Firstly, Are you trolling or something? Secondly, Are you dissing TFW2005's Mods and staff? Especially after all theyve done for us.

We have the fuzzy forums for fun and humor. You can go off-topic there or in the general discussion.

5. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

Oh excuse me, allow me to correct myself buddy.

1. Not as well-monitored as some of the other threads.

Better? Or worse?

Also, trolling is such a harsh word. Especially for people who are obviously not trolling.

So that automatically means we can't have fun on regular days? Lame!

How about...hmm, no.

6. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me, the biggest "con" to the series is that no one, other than Mech, seems to have any kind of long-term plan. The Autobots aren't actively trying to hunt down the Decepticons, locate their ship, get the 'Cons off the planet, track down Mech, etc. Instead, they seem to just sit around their base waiting for either Megatron to do something, Mech to do something or a new McGuffin to drop into their laps. And Fowler doesn't seem to care whether the TFs fight their war on Earth, so long as they keep it quiet; there's no pressure from him to get the 'Cons off-planet. Meanwhile, the Decepticons don't seem to be putting much effort into locating the Autobot base, mining Energon or launching any big plans to conquer Earth or defeat the Autobots. Megatron seems content to just waste Energon flying his ship around waiting for a new McGuffin to drop into his lap...when he's not busy trying to kill members of his inner circle. And Starscream breaks off from the Decepticons to do nothing beyond scavenge for Energon and briefly team up with Mech, which is quite possibly the single stupidest decision in the entirety of the series.

The series has excellent visuals, great voice actors and some very interesting characters. It's just frustrating that none of them are very proactive or have clear goals beyond bouncing from one McGuffin to the next.

7. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

Nice sig!

8. megapork

megapork Cheese

We have the general forum for that. DO NOT DISS THE AMOUNT OF WORK PUT ON THIS SITE.

You quoted him just to comment on his sig and not his ideas. Just PM him or give him a vistor comment.

9. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Agreed. I think I'm learning to live with what little plot development we get but it would really help if someone at least had a plan, other than Mech.

10. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

Woah there. Watch it with the caps, you'll put someone's eye out. :) 

But seriously though, if you can't take a joke then don't respond to my posts. I was originally a heavy complainer but I don't want to bring that onto people. If you find me to be a troll then you literally know nothing about me.

The sig was the first thing that I saw in the user's post, so I decided to compliment it. There's no harm in that is there?

11. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Just chill the hell out. So what there's negatives here? That doesn't mean the OP hates the show. Just keep your Prime fanboyish-ness to yourself.

Anyhow:

Pros:
    1. The CG does add a lot of detailing
    2. The characters are well written. Yes, I even think Arcee is written well. For the most part.
    3. Silas and MECH are pretty awesome, too.
    4. Dreadwing...
    5. The voice acting is 100% good
    6. Bumblebee isn't overly annoying and present as Movie Bumblebee.
    7. Ratchet...
    8. This Soundwave is the best Soundwave we've ever gotten.

Cons:
    1. Airachnid...
    2. Optimus isn't very lively.
    3. The fights are boring and generic. It's just *Vehicons! *pew pew! *no more Vehicons! Autobots win!
    4. Killing off Breakdown
    5. How 'in-your-face' Arcee was in season 1
    6. Not enough Ratchet

12. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

I not going to disagree with you, but calling me a Prime fanboy was rather rude.

13. Sideways77

News Credits:
    Well, your acting like one, and you need to let people post on thier own without you flipping out.

14. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    Cons: Arcee, Bulkhead and Bumblebee. Bulkhead's the only one I find that has a bit of charm to him, the other 2 however are either contradicting them selves or being useless.

Airachnid. Bitch killed a possibly intresting character for pure shock value. Bitch has gotta go.

Pros: Optimus and Ratchet. Optimus being a calm and collected leader is a little stale sometimes but it makes him more a badass when he gets into the action. Racthet gets the best lines in the show and moments with other characters. While I loved Animated Ratchet I'm glad they didn't make him a carbon copy of him.

Soundwave is like the Slenderman of the show, Long arms and no face or voice. Creepy. Like how he isn't a G1 clone. Starscream is continuing to be awesome as he was in Animated, either being a creepy guy or being downright hilarious.

15. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    :O Whats wrong with airachnid ? I Love her cause she killed breakdown :) 

16. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

How about just ignoring me. You have the freedom to not respond to someone.

Besides, I'm aware of the "fanboyish" attitude I had earlier and I have since resorted to a cheerful, humorous attitude. It's better than nothing.

17. Sideways77

News Credits:
    I could go on and on about why I don't like her. But I'll stick with 'bitch killed Breakdown and lived'.

18. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pros:
    Cullen
    Welker
    Great desgns
    Good animation (especially in HD)
    Cool toys
    Jack
    Silas and MECH
    Fowler

Cons:
    Miko
    Jane
    Raf
    Arcee
    The writing
    Arachnid
    Not enough characters. This roster really needs an infusion of new blood on both sides.

19. megapork

megapork Cheese

Youre going off-topic and spending way too much time "having fun" the reason why the general forum exists is to keep this BS from the discussion forum. Also you can compliment him on his own teritory. Since were not actually spending time on dicussing said topic Its best to stop right now.

20. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    I agree that Starscream killing Cliffjumper is way more extreme than Blackarachnia being a predacon and Silverbolt a maximal. That is why I call it the greatest source of dramatic tension in Transformers history.

About it being natural: I'm not sure what you mean by natural, whether you mean that their potential love develops naturally, whether you mean that their potential love is natural or something else.

If you're talking about its development. I argue in my paper that their love follows some of the steps of a natural tv relationship (meeting through rescue, a "will they won't they" process...) Here's my thesis:

If you're talking about their potential love being natural, then I don't have anything adequate to say about that, but if you want something: One of the reasons why I can see their potential love being the greatest in transformers history, is that it can be "unnatural". By that I mean: In Beast Wars, Blackarachnia expresses her love for Silverbolt by saving Optimus Prime and joining the maximals. That's fairly natural. That's ok. Whereas in TFP, I can imagine Arcee and Starscream expressing their love by murdering Airachnid together. That's kind of twisted, unnatural but very awesome. It's Shakespearean, Macbeth like.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012