1. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

Just as I start liking this series again, the hate towards it seems to escalate. So I've made this thread so you can rate the series. Let us all think up the good part and the bad parts and see which outbalances the other and by how far.

My list of pros and cons.
    Cons
    1. Too many fight scenes that are just a couple of Autobots stand in one spot while shoot at generics running up to them, one hit killing ever generic and take no damage themselves.

2. Despite the above, they never stop complaining about how hard the war is.

3. The show has a small cast yet many characters lack screen time. Soundwave does practically nothing, Knockout never appear unless there's a mcguffin to retrieve and Airachnid spent most her time with the Cons doing nothing.

4. Optimus Prime, while he has character, often feels somewhat boring.

5. Bulkhead is a generic cartoon obese tough guy.

6. Bumblebees beeps get really annoying. They sound weird and you can never undstand a word he's saying.

7. Their graphics restrict how interesting the locations they can go to are.

8. Orion Pax was a pointless plot line that had way more potential than was used.

9. This series seems to be all about humans.

10. To many people, Miko is annoying.

11. Too many G1 quotes and an overuse of "One shall stand. On shall fall".

Pros.
    1. The graphics look amazing.

2. When they make good fight scenes, they make great fight scenes.

3. They have pretty cool designs that mimics humans quite well while not going as far as DOTM Que.

4. The dark tone is awesome.

5. The show has had quite a few surprising plot twists.

6. It takes a break from having Optimus Prime and Bumblebee as the main characters.

7.The TFs are treated like living beings, not robots.

8. They show that Transformers can have human villains that can be taken seriously.

9. Airachnid is a very vicious murderer.

10. Starscream is a very entertaining yet serious character.

11. Megatron is a very powerful warrior.

12. Knockout says very funny one liners.

13. Arcee isn't pink, doesn't have a soft voice, is a capable warrior and is an important character.

14. The Generic Decepticons have surprisingly awesome designs.

15. Ratchet is very entertaining.

That's all I can think of now. I personally think that, while this is definitely not the best TF series, it is far from the worst.

So, do you have anything to add that I missed. Do you disagree with something. What's your opinion? Let the the flame wars begin. Or you could all surprise each other by not doing so. But you know you won't.

2. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

Ok stop with all these nit-picking threads. We get it already! TF: Prime has flaws, there's no need to bring this up every-single-DAY. You people are making the Prime threads worse and worse.

3. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    Yes Moonlight, just ignore that OP lists 15 pros compared to 11 cons. It's not a net hate thread. This is proof that you don't read posts before commenting, though.

While watching the episodes looking for stuff to write about Arcee and Starscream, I noticed that Optimus Prime does a ton of subtle bad-ass things. For example, in "Partners," he tells the Autobots to be careful because Airachnid is known to attack from below ground. This time, Airachnid attacks from way above ground, but still can't catch Optimus Prime off guard. Also in the episode, "Stronger, Faster" Ratchet is about to cut off a vehicon's head while all roided up, but Optimus Prime holds his arm back like it's nothing. I thought he was boring too at first glance, but he keeps doing stuff like this.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  4. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Miniautoquintessoboticon

All about humans? I don't see where that's coming from. The bots get the majority of the screen time and development, with a few human centric episodes here and there (and the MECH story arc).

That aside, here's a con that should really be on that list:

No weapon variation. The guns are all the same darn weapon in different shapes. Megatrons Fusion Cannon should be a dang cannon, not a rifle/pistol.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  5. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

It is still related to the the negatives of TF: Prime.

6. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    16. Silas is awesome.

7. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

Here are the Pros and Cons of the TF: Prime threads.

Pros:

1. Has many nice, reasonable users.

2. Worth a good laugh every once in a while.

3. Interesting theories.

Cons:

1. Not well-monitored.

2. Nitpickers everywhere.

3. Completely unnecessary threads (Arcee is sexy? Who would have known!).

4. Ridiculous/Random complaints.

5. People who don't know a damn thing about spoilers.

6. The same freakin' threads with the same freakin' topics.

I expect worse things to come.

8. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    This is a big problem. Maybe the biggest.

Even with other small-cast TF shows, we usually have more characters by this point in the series' life cycle. We got a bunch of new Autobots by the beginning of Animated Season 2, and they were all interesting. By contrast, we have only had ONE new Autobot (and he was briefly introduced in Season 1), and to me, he is not interesting. And the Decepticons in season 2 got one repaint character.

TFP Bulkhead is Ben Grimm, a character I have never liked. The more the series continues on, the more I see Bulkhead as Ben Grimm. The only thing keeping me from outright hating the character at this point is the lingering warm memories of the TFA version and the TFP Cyberverse Commander toy, which I think is excellent.

By the final episode of Season 1, I was ranking this series as about an 8 out of 10. I was very pleased with it overall and couldn't wait for Season 2. The whole FE toy debacle killed a lot of my enthusiasm for the the new season, but I still enjoyed the first couple Season 2 episodes. But as of the third episode of this season, up until now, I'd rate the show a 5 or 6 out of 10.

9. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree with this. In Animated we got tons and tons of characters, and I found almost all of them intriguing. With TFP there are just a few interesting characters and a whole bunch I don't care for.

10. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

This isn't a Star Wars: The Clone Wars budget we're talking about. TF: Prime is given a couple thousand bucks, has to be scripted in a short period of time, animated within a months time, and scheduled for a Saturday night airing. It's more expensive than you realize, the writers have even stated this.

11. LordScreamer

LordScreamer Well-Known Member

Judgement on how sexy a character is and shipping threads aren't unnecessary. Don't like them? Then don't bother with them. It continues to piss me off that that well-thought-out Arcee/Starscream shipping thread was locked because people were immature about it.
    The matter of whether a thread is ridiculous or not depends on how far it goes. If a shipping thread is at the extent where the OP talks about hardcore sex, offsprings, and other explicit forms of shipping....then it is ridiculous and completely unnecessary! The idea of Arcee and Starscream pairing up (or at least becoming good friends) isn't a bad one and there is plenty of story material to back it up.

12. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

It's locked?

Yeee-haaaaawww!!

*Breaks out the stereo and square-dances to the epic tune of Cotton-Eyed Joe*

13. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    Well thought out? Yeah nothing says "I love you" like your other half killing your best friend.

14. soundwaverulls

To those complaining about this being another nitpicking thread for complaining about Prime, that was not the intention. The intention was to look at the facts of the show and judge its overall quality weather it be good or bad. I said myself that this is a good series in the original post or whatever. "While it is definitely not the best series, it is far from the worst".

That should have been a pro. The show is all about humans but manages to show the bots the most.

Anyway, explanation. The Autobots and Decepticons all have mostly episodic stories. None of the plots are permanent. But the humans on the other hand. Silas is always getting steps closer to constructing an army to conquer the Earth. That is an ongoing plot. And he Mech have been compared to Megatron and the Decepticon. Then there is Jack who has been compared to Optimus. It has been said that this series is about what it means to be a Prime. It seems they are playing that out through Jack.

It seems as if they are trying to develop Jack as Optimus Prime and Silas as Megatron. There is a possiblity that Silas will eventually complete his army and will wage war on Earth and if that happens, I can guarantee that Jack will eventually lead the rest of humanity against Mech.

15. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

Don't you mean only me? ZIN-oh wait.

16. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Pros:

1. Excellent dialogue.

2. Good personalities of characters.

3. Writers willing to do new things while mixing up old stuff and to dwell in the mythology even further.

4. Writers willing to go where few have gone before [such as killing off people].

5. Excellent voice cast.

Cons:

1. The Writers waste titanic opportunies for big stories [the Orion Pax mini arc is the living proof of this statement], bringing the series' quality a lot down. It feels like a slingshot using golden bullets as ammo: Working with the right kind of ammo, but can't pack up the punch required to use it.

2. Despite the good personalities, the Writers drop the ball very often on how they treat the character [Breakdown's throw-away death, Airachinid's Villanous Sue tendencies, Orion Pax and Megatronus relationship being forgotten out of sudden, the entire use of Arcee].

3. Overuse of focus in few characters [Arcee, Bulkhead, Starscream and now Airachinid], leaving some of the more interesting behind [Soundwave, Ratchet and Breakdown all know how this is like]. The show needs its balance.

This show is excellent [or rather, was excellent...], it has lots of potential and very interesting elements, but I always get the feel the writer's can't find the quite right formula to work with it.

17. soundwaverulls

Oh, these others were made by you. Never mind. My previous post still stands.

18. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Miniautoquintessoboticon

Well in that case I guess I see where you're coming from. Can't say I fully agree, but you know, opinions, they differ.

19. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    Why are you acting like I don't address that at all? The bulk of my paper addresses the very fact that Starscream killed Cliffjumper.

Consequently, it also gives a better explanation as to why Arcee was so revenge thirsty in the latest episode than "DURR THE WRITERS FORGOT/DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY"RE DOING."

20. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    I don't know. Blackarachnia never killed any of Silverbolts friends and vice versa. Silverbolt was smitten by her. And it kinda felt natural.