Prometheus

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Prowl, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Full trailer comes out Thursday on iTunes, but a teaser for the trailer is up now. While it doesn't completely imply that it's Aliens-related, they do show footage from the Alien movies in the trailer-teaser.

2. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Could be really good.
    I didn't see any footage from Alien -at least I don't think I did.

3. daesung

daesung Active Member

Looking forward to Thursday then!

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You are blind for you do not see.

Did you watch the teaser on iTunes? It shows Ripley, and some of the other characters from Alien. It's a "making" of short video. I'm not sure if they will be in the real trailer.

5. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Quicktime crashed on my PC so I went to the YouTubes. :( 
    I'll check the link you gave after I reboot.

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didn't give a link, lol.

Unfortunately, I saw the trailer on my iPad through the Trailers app. The real trailer should be available online though.

7. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    No easy click link to watch makes this a thread fail.

8. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

So let me get this straight, this is a trailer for a trailer.
    I still can't wait to see it. I just wish that Ridley Scott would be more clear on what this is supposed to be. First it was a prequel, then it was an entirely original movie, then a movie that just happens to take place before Alien that doesn't connect to the other films. Also I read somewhere online that there won't be any xenomorphs in the movie. If that's true, hopefully Scott can give us something twice as scary.

9. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
  10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No link available makes your request impossible. :D  It's a discussion thread on the movie, the trailer comes out for everyone on Thursday. These strange trailers-for-trailers are available on the iPad/iPhone trailers app. I even searched iTunes itself and it's not there.

edit:

But they're here now :) 

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/fox/prometheus/

Since the movie isn't called "It's full of leathery objects" despite the appreciated-reference, you could see why a search for Prometheus would lead me to believe that there wasn't a thread on the movie yet ;) 

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  11. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I just watched 'In 2 Days...' yesterday, but for some reason I expected the full trailer to be out today. :eek: 

Wait, isn't the thread "It's full of leathery objects" about Keeping up with the Karadashians?

12. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bravo :lol 

13. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:

There be Space Jockey! Well at least his "chair" and there is a quick section where you see something that looks like his mask on a table.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  14. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Okay that tralier just screams Alien all over it!:eek:  I'm now curious to see what kinf of a film this is. Do you think it's like an origin of the Xenomorphs,or the backstory of the supposed "other" beings?

Either way I might consider seeing this to find out how the alien civilazation had a hand in humanity's birth and the Xenomorphs origin!:) 

15. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Holy crap this looks amazing.

16. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    From what I heard this movie is entirely about the Space Jockey. There was a good post on the Sideshow Freaks forum that talks about it and why it's not being promoted as an Alien movie:

17. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am perfectly fine with that. Go backwards in his own universe before it was ruined.

18. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

Alien began to rust with Alien 3 but AVP was what really ruined the creature in my eyes. I just don't know if there can be a new movie where I can take it as seriously anymore.

With that said, Prometheus looks really promising and I'm looking forward to how it connects to the first film. How long ago is this supposed to take place anyway?

19. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    *Watches Trailer*

That settles it.
    Only Scott and Cameron should have been able to touch the Alien films and no one else IMO. These are their babies. Scott for the mystery, terror, and sci-fi, with Cameron for the action, gore, and mindless popcorn fun.

Alien 3 ruined it and began the downward spiral of Resurrection, AVP, and AVP:R. We didn't need more of Ripley all the time, I felt her demise was kinda shitty for all she went through. I would have liked to see more of Newt and Hicks, thought they could have been great characters to further explore. Then there's Resurrection...ugh. Nothing but another late 90's crap flick that we'd all like to forget. I put it up there with the Schumacher Batman films in terms of dislike. It seemed like a cheap attempt at trying to revitalize the series, even after they killed Ripley off-"Oh wait, she's back! As A Clone." Ugh. Resurrection was like an insult to everything that came before it, including the entire ending of Alien 3. Because Hollywood wanted more, the entire purpose behind Ripley's death was made worthless.

As for the AVP films, I felt the first one was really trying to do some good and it had an interesting premise, but I always felt that any AVP film deserved to be set in the future during the time of Aliens or later, and heavily feature Space Marines as the human aspect so that they can be just as big a threat as the other two species. So from those previos sentences alone, you can probably tell how I felt about AVP:R.

I felt Rodriguez's "Predators" on the other hand gave that film series the much needed kick start after those disappointing AVP films. The AVP films, while we waited years for them to materialize, seemed like big letdowns when they finally hit. Puny helpless humans were worthless wastes of screen time and space. Honestly, why can't filmmakers understand: Space Marines + Aliens and/or Predators = Fun. The same applies to any Predator films, the humans, no matter what line of work or walk of life they come from (even if they're just a Cop as Glover was in 2) must be as dangerous and determined as the hunter that pursues them.

20. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I understand your dissapontment with the later films of the franchise but the first Alien film didn't exactly have Marines in it and yet Ripley was able to take the creature down without millitary training.