Prolonged Heat Bad for Rubsigns?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kaiwera05, May 26, 2011.

1. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    Hey guys, it's been wicked warm for the past few days where I am and I noticed that on some of my G1 and RTS figures that the rubsigns were going off without even being touched. Is prolonged heat bad for the rubsigns, like will they warp or something? Because if it is, I'm putting them in the basement ASAP to keep them in good condition. Thanks!

2. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

i think it shouldn't matter. i have an G1 insecticon with the rubsign still intact. then again i could be wrong.

3. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

No idea.

I did notice that the rubsign on newer toys seem to be far more sensitive than they did on my vintage Octane which took quite a bit of time and effort to become even remotely visible.

4. siniquezu

siniquezu Well-Known Member

I remembered rubbing the signs until my finger was burning and it stall wouldn't show.

5. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

KO?

6. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    It seems to me I remember a similar thread popping up ways back. I'm pretty sure prolonged heat will cause rub signs to stop working if I'm recalling correctly.

7. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Well for what it's worth, the rubsign on my G1/G2? Ironhide platform thing is completely gone, and it's not even something I played with a lot (on account of not having the actual Ironhide robot. It just sort of floated around boxes & whatnot, and now just has a messed up black sticker.

I actually don't know why his faded away while the ones on Rodiums & Flywheels are fine (as they were always kept in my room or in a cool basement), but something definitely made it go away, and it wasn't constantly scratching.