projectile weapons (not toy related)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Maetel, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

so it's pretty straight forward when transformers fire their energy based weapons it'll be coming from the enegy packs either from the gun or the bots themselves, but what about when they fire projectiles like missiles and bullets? are they detached expendables the bots have to refill every time? are they actually part of the physical composition of the bot that every time the bot fires, it essentially kill a little part of itself? or are they magic missiles created using energy-mass conversion technologies, that allows theoretically infinite ammo as long as the bots have energy source connected?

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    For G1, you could argue that each Transformer would keep a massive supply of ammunition in the pocket dimension they use to shunt mass to and from, meaning they'd just need some time to reload themselves, but in the new movie continuity apparently Transformers GROW their missiles and ammunition on a nano-scale, much as a human would grow hair or fingernails.

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Prior to the Movie-verse explanation, which I give props to for creativity, I was always under the impression that the TFs had to lug along spare magazines and the like for their projectile weapons, much the same way mobile suits do in Gundam.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Binaltech Smokescreen GT had his launcher, which was stated in his tech specs to draw ammo via a subspace link from a repository at Autobot HQ.

The other Autobots in that series are also mentioned to have magazines and need periodic maintenance to keep their systems at peak condition, so the Binaltech fiction at least started with a more realistic approach to the technology.

I also remember, I think it was in one of the Dreamwave comics, Kup making a reference at one point to his "Laser Musket being down to its last charge", while swapping out a part that looked a lot like an ammo magazine. So there is definitely in some of the fiction a concept that this ammunition is not limitless - I think the original tech specs also took this approach, although the fiction drawing from them ignored it for the sake of more dramatic and exciting battles.