Customs: Project: Wreckers

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Shadowbreaker, May 26, 2010.

1. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    Ok, so I've become obsessed with the Wreckers lately with LSOTW and other IDW issues. So I've been thinking of Customs to do to make Classics/Universe/Generations Wreckers! Here's my list from every Wrecker from every continuity. (Disregarding the Universe Wreckers.)

Springer- Well, A Warbot Defender with a Wrecker sticker is enough for me, but you could always slap a Wreckers sticker on Universe or Classics Botcon Springer. (I wouldn't be customizing Botcon toys, though.)

Rack'n'Ruin- Personally I like The Librarian's Energon Rack'n'Ruin seen here, and I think with a little paint, it could make a decent Classics Rack'n'Ruin!

Roadbuster- You've got three choices here. The Universe Roadbuster Upgrade kit, Kidbash's Roadbuster kit, (Which I think is sold out.) and using TCracker's concept of Roadbuster using Cyb. CD Red Alert. Easiest way for me is the Red Alert repaint.

Topsin & Twin Twist- (Don't know why I put them into one thing..) All I can think of is WhiteMocha's Botcon Digibashes that has Topspin from Energon Skyblast and Twin Twist from Cyb. Scout Scattorshot. Though help is appreciated for better ideas!

Whirl- WhiteMocha's concept of Whirl from Energon Bulkhead with a new head is fine with me. But if anyone else has a different idea, put it out there!

Broadside- This is a hard one. I had a concept from Cyb. Metroplex, but he's being painted right now.... Then there's always the repaint of Armada Tidal Wave. Remember... Ideas!

Sandstorm- I...... have no idea right now. Help me, please!

Inferno- Don't remember him being a vital part in the Wreckers but.... Universe Inferno with a Wrecker sticker!

Kup- Phewwww...... Help me with this one too, please.

Perceptor- Wheel_Jack's current WIP of IDW Perceptor looks great to me. But I had the idea that since Perceptor turned into a MACHINE OF WAR (sorta...), that resembling the Classics Legends Perceptor, A CD Red Alert repaint! Yeah...

Pyro- A Universe Inferno with a new head repainted into LSOTW colorscheme is my current idea.

Ironfist- chansformers' Classics Ironfist from Crossovers Captain America looked great. I like that idea.

Guzzle- A modded Classics Tank Megatron is my idea, because I have no clue on how to make an LSOTW version which I'm sure you other more advanced Radicons can do.

Rotorstorm- <3 IDWverse custom on page two.

Scoop- Cyb. Landmine repainted with two custom Targetmasters.

And IMPACTOR!- X-overs Cap. America!

ANNOUNCEMENT 6-16-10 I WILL BE WORKING ON THEIR SHIP, THE XANTIUM!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D  :D  :D  :D 

Now remember, just because I've already got an idea, that doesn't mean that you can't add more. So start brainstorming! This could also help other Radicons, so another reason we should combine our ideas!

--Shadowbreaker

2. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    It's a bit involved, but I have a Kup in WIP stages (haven't done much since this was posted up back in October). Check it out and maybe it can give you some ideas: Universe Kup - WIP

3. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

hey man, quite a list there, I've been working on an impactor feel free to have a look, he's voyager sized.

operation volcano impactor wip

I've been thinking about Guzzle and Movie Brawl might be a good fit, there's a thread involving an arm mod for a Warpath custom that I think would work very well for him to Classic him up a bit

rotf custom brawl wip warpath upgrade kit wip

also for TwinTwist, I think the Crossovers Hulk might make a good beefy version.

For Broadside, I'd say Armada Tidal Wave with a head swap all the way. Limewire has a thread where he articulated the guy and he looked great. Plus he has the three modes you need.

Good luck with this project, it'll be awesome.

4. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    Thanks for the ideas!

Crossovers Hulk is something I would never thought of!

Hey, who knows, maybe by the time I get to making an Impactor, there would be a Generations Impactor. :lol 

5. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    I have a similar list of Wreckers that I want to do.

For Twin Twist and Top Spin,I'm just articulated the G1 figures,I don't want to mess with their iconic look so thats the way I'm going with them,Kup,and Perceptor.

6. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Damn, Shadowbreaker. thats a heck of a roster of Wreckers. Good luck on that project. As for ideas well i don't know..sorry, but I know that you'll find some good help here.

7. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    To be honest guys, It might take a looooonng time to get this done. (If it gets done)

I had this thread made to benefit myself and other Radicons. For example, I can't make any custom heads yet. I could always get help from another Radicon... But, I do want to make some myself, though.

Who knows, maybe Generations will be good to us and give us toys of Impactor, Guzzle and other lesser characters.

I originally didn't make this to be a project, but now I am. Practicing makes perfect, but that's a whole other project on it's own. :lol 

8. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    Ok, I've got a Crossovers Captain America.

What head could I use for Ironfist? chansformers says his is from a KO Gundam figure of some kind... Any ideas?

9. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    ROTF Gears maybe ?

10. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    Sandstorm- I...... have no idea right now. Help me, please!

Energon Stormcloud with Cybertron Armorhide's head ?

11. Toa Maximus

Toa Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  12. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    I have a few ideas for these guys - for kup id use a war for cybertron optimus prime - add a kup head and repaint. no idea where you'd get a decent kup head

For perceptor - what about the upcoming war for cybertron soundwave? plus new head - mite lookmore war machiney.

Guzzle i think might be better fitted to the crossover hulk tank - it has a bit more beef to it than classics megatron. the head of a movie longarm might suit him. a longarm head might also be useful for an ironfist - as guzzle and ironfist had similar looking heads - in my opinion

Good luck with this project. Can't wait to see what you come up with

13. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    Thanks for all your ideas and input! :D 

Kup is really hard to think of... as well as Sandstorm.

Who knows? Generations Kup? Generations Sandstorm? That would make things a whole lot easier...

For Perceptor... I'm looking at Cashanova's Classics Perceptor. Granted, I have not experience with that level of customization.... yet.

I might go with that Crossover Hulk Guzzle idea..... :D 

WAIT! Impactor turned into a tank thing..... Hmmm....

14. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    yeah, his classics perceptor is pretty badass, but it would be way beyond my level too.

Come to think of it, g1 perceptors head might make a good guzzle head too.

Lets hope there are some announcements of new generations guys at botcon. A new sandstorm would be great. I loved the original.

Also now that I think about i, I'm pretty sure that fansproject teased a image of something that looked a lot like broadside last year. - http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/4/0/5/9/7/P2504090006_1240740807.jpg might be worth holding off for him

15. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    I can't believe I forget about this!

IDWverse "LSOTW" Rotorstorm

From the looks of it, it looks like it's made from a TFTM Incinerator, Cybertron Evac, and the head looks like it's from some Starscream of some kind but modded.

16. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    I love that custom rotarstorm its pure awesomeness condensed into robot form. I think he modded the head using the visor bit you get with the fansproject superion add-on? Not sure.

After seeing the new images of the Hunt for the decepticons tomahawk, I think i'll try modding him into a rotorstorm. http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/3/9/4/0/7/tomahawk_1276743656.jpg

Seems very similar to rotorstorm.

17. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Universe Kup - WIP

Here's a link to my Universe Kup WIP. I started working on it back in November (I believe). I haven't done much else to this due to some personal/family issues (we lost a loved one to cancer) and I've been busy with other projects here and there. But this may give you an idea on something you could try for a Kup custom. Or you could always try to articulate a G1 Kup (which is something else I may try sometime in the future).

18. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I accidentially posted this in another thread:

for broadside I've got a tidal wave
    roadbuster a cd red alert (but am trying to get a universe one with the add on kit)
    whirl was going to be repainted from a energon bulkhead (but will now be the new generations/rotf helicopter)
    I got the botcon springer for...springer(but am now going to sell it b/c of warbot. any takers?)
    and sandstorm is energon cliffjumper. that's the one that I actually do have mostly painted, and he looks pretty cool
    I just noticed the other day that it might be possible to do twin twist from cybertron menasor, but I like to keep things in scale, so I'm not sure how to do a topspin.

19. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    Ok, good news! :D 

Perceptor has started, and he's going to be an original design made from other Transformers!

Roadbuster has also started with his head being modded from CD Red Alert. It's looking good so far!

And I have found something for Impactor's hook-hand..... ROTF Ravage's posable tail blade!

Wish me luck!

20. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    Hey guys, news!

I will make their ship, the Xantium!