Non-TF: Project watchmen

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by bellyboy, Jun 29, 2010.

1. bellyboy

bellyboy working working working

News Credits:
    what can i do i love the watchmen comics,imo its the bible of comics ever- story art everything about it .

when the movie was released i was realy dissapointed that again (like in the xmen movies) they dont wear super hero clothing but some kind of super hi-tech suits ....

the movie was very good ,but the toys werent .

here in slovakia we dont realy get all the stuff on time ,half a year ago in my weekly visit to the toy store i saw a "silver surfer " figure from the marvel universe series .i'm not a big silver surfer fanboy but the minute i saw it- it screamed -dr menhattan.

then my thick head started working and i decided that i'll try to make al lthe watchmen characters from the marvel universe line .

some time to scavenge and to buy the figs(took me 3 months to find a black widow on ebay for a sane price and shipping ),after a while that I gathered all the figs , i started working on the desings and color scheme .....

I tried all the paints i could - enamel doenst glue on the pvc plastic that the marvel universe figures are made from .tamiya acrylics do cling but not as good as i'de want them to , then my salvation came in the jin saotome post about the bulldog adhesion promoter and the P3 paints .

I ordered me some p3 paints -when they arrived i started working on the figures again .

in the last week all i was doing was building the accesories and the clothing for those figure , a whole week dedicated to watchmen :) 

I decided that those will real action figures not just repaints or remoding of other figures,i wanted them to b something that i would definetly buy if i saw them in the store , that meant accesories ..lots of them and gimmicks .

so here is my weeks labor of love presented ( i'll post oz tomorrow cause there are some issues with him :) 

THE COMEDIAN

base of figure - punisher

sculpted a mustache/scar/shirt/both shoulder shields/gloves/knee pads/boot straps/smiley/arms

added a gun holster/belt(ammo )/shoulder pad from a maverick figure

accesories :

rifles - M16 from black widow / AK 47 -from maverick

knife - from indiana jones -mutt williams

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SILK SPECTRE

base - black widow

sculpted new hair with silk's ears / the whole "sexy/slutty" oufit- she was my first fabric sculpting project :) ,neck band + skull/ earings

i trimmed the shoes to make heeled shoes and sculpted the "shoe"

accesories - a nostalgia bottle ( couldnt find any other ideas for more accesories for her-if u got any please share )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

NITE OWL

base -black panther (same mold as punisher -different head )

head - movie sabertooth (victor creed) trimmed the sideburns and sculpted the ,ask around it

sculpted -boots/utility belt+pouches/ underwear ???/cape

googels - cut pieces of q-tip - dropped a drop of black enamel paint to make the lens .

aceesories - will b added soon

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

RORSCHACH

base - movie wolverine

head - black panther modded

coat- movie victor creed

sculpted- the scarf /coat's collar /hat

accesories - grapling gun (not movie nor comics acurate )- made from punishers rifle - 3 twist ties in a q-tip to make the anchor + hat

alternate head - dc universe lex luthor -added the bruise and the band aid on the forehead

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DR MANHATTAN

base - silver surfer

gimicks - glow in the dark/uv radiated body

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OZYMANDIAS

base - maverick

head maverick head heavily modified-sculpted new hair and head band

sculpted - toga / cape/shoes/ collar

accesories - bubastis - made from a 2007 schleich lioness figure - sculpted the ears and side burns
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

group pic
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

C&C please thats the only way i can improve myself

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  2. JacobPGalvatron

JacobPGalvatron Storm Trooper #1

These are cool!
    Very well done.

3. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

These are all fantastic! There was a lot of creativity and love here and it shows in the quality of your work! My favorites are Nite Owl (awesome use of Q-Tips for the goggles!) and Rorschach. The inclusion of the alternate unmasked head for Rorschach is a great idea. Bubastis also looks fantastic. You did a great job with the sculpting there. I also want to say that the inclusion of chest hair and arm hair on The Comedian really puts it over the top! It's "little" details such as those that take it from a good custom to a great custom!

The only suggestion that I could possibly make is to paint The Comedian's head in the same skin tone that you used for his arms/chest. The color difference there makes it look a little off, IMO.

Again, fantastic job here! I haven't been this impressed in quite a while! :thumb 

4. SmokescreenSWE

SmokescreenSWE Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great work! Two suggestions though. Either add a dong to Manhattan or paint those black tanga panties he wore at some point. And try for a more detailed paint of Rorschach's face. The entire point of his character is that the colors never blend, it's all black or white, so you should try to reflect that. Right now it looks like a messy skull deco.

5. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

You Rock. Nuff Said

6. Demonss

Demonss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OK.. I'm not a fan of watchmen at all. But WOW amazing work Daniel!

Only gripe.. the comedians face being drastically different skin tone than the body

7. Tom_Servo

Tom_Servo Well-read chick magnet

Ebay:
    Why do I love seeing action figures kicking other action figures in the crotch so much?
    Really outstanding stuff there! The sculpting is all very impressive, especially since you haven't done much like this before. The Nostalgia bottle is a great idea. I'd like to see a little mini diorama for it with a Martian sky behind it and the drops flying out.
    I'd echo what others have said- match up the Comedian's head and Manhattan should have the thong or the dong.

8. bellyboy

News Credits:
    tnx guys
    i guess that i'm the only one who didnt see the difference in the skin tone , that will b fixed

no black tanga to the Doc he wore those only in several pages

Rorschach's face will stay like that , i like it :) 

9. Demonss

News Credits:
    While I get what you're saying, to me it feels like it captured the dots shifting around.

10. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I love Dr. Manhatten. You got the skin colour just right.

11. bellyboy

News Credits:
    added oz pics and group pics

comedian's face was recolored tnx for the insight

12. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Really like your take on the Comedian and Rorschach's unmasked head. Nice job. I agree Manhattan probably needs his black trunks if you're not going to go the other way with him.

13. Demonss

News Credits:
    wow man!! Great work with the comedian's new skin color! :)  Looks awesome!! Ozzy looks good too! Though his head does look as if it might be a tiny bit squished (but it could just be the hair compared to the other watchmen you've crafted!)