Heavy/Scratch: Project Thread: Fallen's Force V2

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Treadshot A1, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Yeah, so my first build was great and all, but it netted like 20 replies or so throughout it's 9 month duration, from at least 500 views. So obviously, there must be something wrong with it. Very wrong with it.

So, this is my chance to redeem myself. I'm starting again from scratch, and this time hoping to God that it doesn't encounter as many hiccups as the last one. For those who aren't familiar with the build, it's a mix and match of my want to build a team of soldiers for the Fallen (the black flame-y guy, not Bay's overgrown roach), and my liking of Yugioh's Machina cards, specifically Machina Force.

This will serve as the thread for the whole project, as each team member comes along, and then hopefully, the gestalt. The idea is that this time the build will involve zero ball joints, because last time that got me into a whole heap of trouble. Hence, that Galaxy Force Metroplex there is probably going to be executed soon. The only thing that willl be carried over from V1 is Covington himself. No need to replace a perfectly good spartan.

First bot to be created: Fallen's Soldier. Last time, i made this guy from a spare Animated Lockdown. God awful idea that was, way too big and way too heavy. So this time, i turned to something small and lightweight: the Loto. Added a splash of hot glue and some black paint to this bad boy, and he's ready to roll. Oh, and the sword i stole off an Exia Gundam kit.There's still some debate on exactly how much green should be left unpainted (the original Machina Soldier was green as well), though this is probably 90% completed. Combiner joint is already figured out (the part that connects this to the Action Base is great as a connection point), and does not affect articulation at all. Current plan is to paint the right should and head, while leaving the torso green.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      229.1 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      201.5 KB
      Views:
  2. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

Unless you're selling your customs, this shouldn't be a popularity contest. My customs are incredible and typically only get around 20 responses. There's only so much people can say without repeating someone else and a lot of people just don't feel like going through pages of feedback to give their own.

3. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    I don't care about responses.... and Minsok is right, unless it's for selling purpose you could think that... but if it's for your own collection ... who gives a shite! :D  nice work!

4. Treadshot A1

I'm not really that pissed off about it, it just makes me try harder and in the end I get better customs out of it. So all's well that ends well.

5. Quickwing

Quickwing Devasia Mentality

YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    It's an interesting custom choice I guess, but looking at the colors and shapes has placed in mind the image of Roadbuster. Which, thinking about it now, is a rather sad thing to say given the loto twins are terribly tiny. I hope bandai makes one of these guys in a much larger scale.

6. Noise Maker

Noise Maker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looking good!

7. Treadshot A1

Huh, it does look like RB. Never noticed that. Cool.

And yeah, i wish they'd make a 1/100 Loto as well. That would be cool as heck.

Thanks you sir!

8. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    Is that a transformer? Alt mode please it looks f*ing awesome man, it looks a lot like RoadBuster

9. Treadshot A1

Thanks, it's actually a Loto Gundam kit. I do agree it looks like Roadbuster, though it's smaller than a scout so perhaps not so great as anything more than WST Roadbuster.

10. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think there's anything wrong with what you said. It just drives you to get better, which is always a good thing. And nice job. I don't know what the final vision will look like, but this one has a very nice Roadbuster-type vibe to it

11. ACofCA

ACofCA Autobot

Ebay:
    I'm not completely sure who it's supposed to be(I'll have to look it up) but I like it! My only advice at this point would be to maybe put a little more flame effect on his arms. But that's just my personal preference. Great job so far! ;)  Can't wait to see more!

12. Treadshot A1

I will proceed to get altmode pics up when i get home from school. Stay tuned!

13. Treadshot A1

Alt mode pic. I like the way it highlights the flames in this pic, just like how they look in real life.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      181.3 KB
      Views:
  14. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

I enjoy your stuff my man. But remember, it doesn't matter how many posts you get to your threads. I post to show what I've done. damn who responds and who don't. BTW, 20 posts is made better than 5, ain't it, Gundam Meister?

15. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think this is well said, and I totally agree, especially the part I've bolded for emphasis :) 

16. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

Hmmm.
    How did I miss this!
    I like where this is going! -inserts Glenn Quagmire from Family Guy here-

17. Treadshot A1

Except that i hate Quagmire... :(  Giggity giggity crap...

I've actually got Fallen's Sniper almost done, once i get the head swap and gun. Let's just say Terradive is just the right colours. But i'll have to wait a while, i'm off to Hong Kong after exams, won't be bashin' for a while. :( 

18. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

Dang dude...how many times a year do you visit HK?

Oh and post pics of fallen sniper when you can please! :) 

19. Treadshot A1

As you wish, Mr. Anti-Venom. Pics shall be delivered right...about...now. And i only go like once a year. Which is in about 11 days from now.

Oh, and look what i got today: Devastator!!! I am so going to kill whoever said Ages 5+ on the box, those damned twist ties were a pain. But, it was worth it, this guy is going to serve so well as a base from which to build the second Force.

Oh, and yeah, that's Sniper's current iteration, not really sold on it yet hence the lack of a paint job change...

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      231 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      285.9 KB
      Views: