Minor/Repaint: Project Sneak Preview

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Sidecutter, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well, it's been a while since I did a custom project, and a lot longer since I properly showed one off online.

But this one, originally conceived by a friend, is coming close to completion. As such, I decided to post a little preview. Just a testing of a couple of the label designs that will be used on the final product. And no, I will not tell you the character name or the theme! :D 

[​IMG]

2. Overlord II

Overlord II Starscreamicon Leader TFW2005 Supporter

That doesn't mean we can't guess...can we? For I believe I know who it is. :D 

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hey man, you're decals look good! What did you use to design with and what paper did you print it out on?

Among the customs similar to this "unnamed" custom, here was my take on him

[​IMG]

This is the only commissioned piece I have done to date. I really liked how he turned out, but I haven't made one for myself and I don't intend to simply because the client asked me for the exclusivity to this custom piece of mine. I'm pretty happy with Alt and Bt Prowl(s) as is and I'm pretty thrilled with Bt* Alert. :) 

Keep up the good work!

4. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, my guess is a Prowl (or some other bot of the law-enforcement pursuasion). That decal on the right shoulder (our left, the bot's right.... just so there's no confusion ^_^ ) is nicely done. Looks pretty much like a factory painted thing. Very smooth. I like.

5. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You can guess, sure, but I'm not going to nod my head with conspiratorial confirmation or denial! :wink: 

Same thing I do my design for my site an banners with, PSP7 (Paint Shop Pro). The paper used here for the tests is just plain bright white paper with double stick tape, since these were being done as fit tests. The Silverstreak used is one of three spare alts this project has left over (two Bluestreaks and a Prowl), and made a good testbed for my sticker sizings.

The other trick is to have a good printer. Not an expensive printer, necessarily. Just a good one! You'd be amazed what you can do with what appears to be a jaggy GIF when it's properly sized and printed at 600 DPI. :D 

Whenever I get around to photographing it, I did a similar process for some detail stickers for another custom, an SCF Cyklanus/Cyclonus Blanche, based on oversized white bootleg Cyclonus.

Yep, very pleased with how well the decals the decals turned out. The chevrons are my doing entirely, but the shields and some of the other decals it will have are thanks to Deltastar. When you're doing a custom, it can be very helpful to have someone like that as a friend. That, and Delta rocks. :dj 

And yes, it is "some...bot of the law enforcement persuasuion". Hehe. But it'll be a take on it that I've not seen done before. That's why I was so keen on the project that my price for doing it was to have the necessary goods to make a second one covered by my friend.