Heavy/Scratch: Project: Scorpion Master - G1 Zarak Headmaster

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Phoenix Blaze, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

So......I'm embarking on quite a large and probably way too complicated project...to design, manufacture and maybe even sell my own toy. The toy itself will be a Zarak headmaster to go along with G1 Scorponok but one that's much closer in look to the US animation model and the look seen in the IDW comics and also in scale with the main body.

I've never done anything of this scale before and I'm sure will learn a lot along the way and most likely redesign things as I go.

So far I've just mocked up a face for Scorponok using putty and plasticard. My plan is to developed the face until I have something I can cast a master out of and then modify that as I see fit. Then comes Zarak himself....oh boy....this is gonna be fun....

So this thread is to both track my progress and to draw in any and all help that I can. Advice for sculpting, materials, tools, techniques, casting, anything and everything! I'll also being doing updates via youtube as well, it's another way of getting feedback. Here's the first video so far,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  2. Optimus1116

Optimus1116 Autobot

News Credits:
    The head is giving me animated vibes. :lol 

3. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

I couldn't resist sculpting a little smirk. I won't be keeping that in the final product. I have two directions I can go in, true to the style of G1 so quite blocky and simplistic, or a little more modern and angular and well, smirky.