Project: Chimera = Dinobots?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Wars, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Wars

Wars I ate the WHOLE plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was browsing Wikipedia a few minutes ago, not for Transformers, don't worry, and I came across this article;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimera_(mythology)

I read a bit of it, given Operation: Chimera in Transformers Prime, and then this caught my attention;

And it got me thinking; Could MECH's Project: Chimera possibly be the Dinobots, going on the description of the Greek mythical creature? I know that none of the Dinobots are female, but they are monstrous, fire breathing and group consisting of several mechanical animals/dinosaurs. So, what you guys think?

2. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    It would seem that the Dinobots only exist in the Aligned continuity, and the Aligned bible, because of High Moon's explanation for them. If they show up, it will be with their Fall of Cybertron origin.

3. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    Its probably been covered before but its much more likely that the chimera part is refering to being made up from multiple parts rather than multiple creatures.

Its probably going to end up being more like Autobot X or a headmaster type deal than Dinobots. Built up from all the bits of bots that have been broken off and revovered and the tech insight from the MECH kidnappings.

I also have a sneaky suspision Mech might have recovered what was left of cliffjumper.
    If you thought Arcee was pissed at Starscream for just killing him, think what she'd do to someone who messed around with his remains.

As for female Dinobots BRING IT ON...Swoop and Snarl and Sludge are all candidates for the old switcheroo in Prime. Who knows they may introduce a new female dino(dyno)bot character or even bring in Paddles.

4. Zequem

Zequem Well-Known Member

I think they're going to stick with their Fall of Cybertron origin, but I do hope that whatever or whoever they do create, it's not going to be just mindless drone.

In the beginning of Crisscross, Silas said "we take this one alive" or something like that, so could it be they already have a Cybertronian body (who might some well known character)? He could have meant Breakdown, but he wasn't exactly dead, was he? And the writers have said that the characters don't say things for nothing. So, maybe there has been another crash-landing and MECH has successfully got one or more Cybertronian bodies or parts of them (thus the name 'Chimera') for their use.

Or maybe I'm just thinking too much... :) 

5. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    No, I highly doubt it. A chimera in popular lexicon (that means language if you don't know) is anything made up of several different things. An argument could be made that Dr. Frankenstein's monster would fall under the common definition.

The most likely outcome of Project Chimera, from my perspective at least, is that MECH will develop transformable exosuits.

6. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

Actually, I can imagine a Machination type of deal coming out of this where they might try to make a grab for Jack (who would already potentially be a target for 'silencing', even with what admittedly little about MECH he'd know) or Raf (who may or may not still have Energon pumping through his veins - seriously, there needs to some kind of consequence to this) to use them as a guinea pig. It'd have to be handled with care, though, given that the notion of kid being captured and subjected to Primus-knows-what might be kinda dicey territory for a show that kids would be watching (a la Tim Drake in "Batman Beyond: Return Of The Joker").

Although I think it's probably more likely that the 'multiple parts' thing means a gestalt/combiner - with which that Key to Vector Sigma might come in handy for whoever has their hands on it when the time comes.

7. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

It´s probably some sort of powered armor with transformation abilities.

8. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I think MECH's project is a transforming mech.

9. Skottech

Skottech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    for me project Chimera would be great as piloted Transforming robots, giving humans almost the capabilities of Cybertronians.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Maybe Silas will become Zarak and his mech is Scorponok.

11. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I'm still sticking with it being Scourge/Nemesis Prime. Easy black repaint for Hasbro, too.

If the Dinobots do show up, they will be using their FOC origin, as they weren't even supposed to BE in the Aligned Continuity at first.

12. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I hadn't thought of that, but I really hope they go in that direction.

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    But you know that won't happen right. Whatever we get is not what anyone wants.

14. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Hadar Sen Olmen

I'll be honest, I see Project Chimera as more of a way for them to shove a combiner into the show. Think about it, they have Breakdown's basic design, they might have Optimus' design, and who knows, maybe they got some information on Knockout from Breakdown. Let's see, Breakdown, Optimus, possibly Knockout (who seems to be based on Dead End). If they have Optimus' design, they could make Motormaster, Breakdown is obvious, and if they get Knockout, they could make Dead End. I'm just saying it seems like a build-up for a combiner.

15. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    They're pretty dead-set on making the Aligned Continuity work. More than likely it will follow the FOC storyline of their creation.

16. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mech copied both Optimus' and Breakdown's drawings which was viewed on Mech's work screen; so it can be a possiblity that Project Chimera is a combination of both transformers.

When Arachnid scanned the helicopter it gave him an idea on how to transform.

The only item which Mech didn't get as we know of was the "heart" which he couldn't "drill out" from Arcee.

17. Scrapmaker

If it isn't a combiner, it will probably be this.
    But we won't know until they show the darn thing.

18. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To piggy back on your comments Mech may have also collected the remainder parts of the Decepticon warriors left from the "Convoy" episode.

Yeah, I can see the face right now on Arcee when she sees Cliffjumper under the control of Mech. If that won't drive her nuts, nothing else will.

19. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I doubt it. The Dinobots are likely to follow their origin from Fall of Cybertron which is the most plasuble way for them to be in the show seeing how the writers are dead on making the show realistic in tone and settng as possible. I do support th Dinobots being in the show butthey may most likely remain on Cbertron due to them not blending in easly. Unless of course they decide to drop a visit to Team Prime on Earth through a Space Bridge.

My hunch is that MECH will probably make a prototype MECH suit with aspects and parts made from the framework of Optimus and Breakdown with other possible aspects from the other Transformers with a human pilot mechanism to boot. Silas will probably be the first test pilot so he can test on either the Autobots or Decepticons or both even. Something could happen so he gets fused to the suit making him a true "Chimera," He could end up being the RID Scourge/Nemisis Prime of TFP. I could be wrong but that's the most logical anwser I can think of.

20. Scrapmaker

Or he could start calling himself Motormaster or Menasor if this is what happens. Odds are it won't, but it sounds cool.