Production Numbers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Voiceroy, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    If this question has been asked before, my apologies, but search didn't help narrow down the hundreds (nay, thousands) of results for "production" or "production number".

I'm curious to know what Hasbro's average total number is for each individual product produced for any given TF toy line.

I mean, it's easy to tell when it's a special edition produced in limited numbered quantities.

But does Hasbro ever release individual production numbers? I've seen overall figures on occasion, like total units sold but never for individual figures.

Just as an example, like how many of TFA Sentinel Prime were produced? Is there any way to know things like this?

2. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think the numbers are ever released. I do remember reading somewhere that Hasbro produces about 50,000 to 100,000 of each Star Wars figures (the more popular the character the higher the number of course). I'm sure for TFs the smaller the figures (ie. basics/scouts and deluxes) the more figures produced vs bigger ones (leaders and supremes). My guess would be that scouts, particularly the more popular ones (or thought to be popular by Hasbro) are produced in the 25,000 to 50,000 range and then production goes down from there as the class gets larger.