Production art

Discussion in 'Wanted Items' started by kjeevahh, Aug 16, 2009.

1. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    Just wondering where would be a good place to start if looking for g1 cartoon / movie / comic production artwork - sketches, animation cels etc.

I know that the odd one appears on ebay, are there any other good places to look?

Thanks!

2. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    anyone?

3. 3Y3

3Y3 Well-Known Member

4. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    Thanks! It does have prices on there, very useful. Also I've seen a piece of cartoon production art doing the rounds, no idea what it is worth though.. I know that animation cells often go for $400-$500, any idea if production sketches would go foe more or less than animation cells? They're the rough initial sketches that the animation cels are made from. Don't know if they would be worth more because they are harder to come by or less because they are unfinished.

5. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

A friend of mine actually has a little bit of the box-art used from G1. I could shoot him an e-mail and see if he still has it.

6. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Production and rough animation sketches usually go for a lower price than cels. Anything from the 1980's is gonna be tough to find, and cost you a bit more, mostly because there just isn't much around nowadays. Celluloid Cels back then were pricey, and most studios (including Marvel/Sunbow) were notorious for inking and painting cels, and then washing them off after photography so they can be reused for another sequence.

I remember early last year I saw an Arcee cel from the movie pop up on Ebay. Damn thing ended for some $900.

7. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    wreck-gar - thankyou!! its specifically cartoon stuff and possibly comic stuff that my buyer is interested in though so not box art, thanks for the offer though!

shibamura - brilliant, that's exactly what i needed to hear, thankyou!! i've actually found a nice original 80s one, i'll post a link soon

8. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits: