Producers Bob Orci & Jeff Kline Talk Transformers: Prime With MTV

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Feb 4, 2011.

1. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
  2. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    I so respect the TF: Prime team now. SO. :3

3. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    qft +1

4. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

To save my bandwidth to bother watching it what do they say of any note ?

That comment on the front page seems a bit out of context.

5. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Corrected. Thanks! :) 

6. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

that's cool.

7. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    We killed her off way too early

well that does confirms that Movie Arcee is Truly Dead

8. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Respect!

Almost. They didn't write the third movie.

9. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    true but then again no arcee bike was spotted in Set, aslo remember bay sayed that he hates arcee

10. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    Well that was kinda BS-y.

If they're reading, maybe they should consider pulling the stick out of Prime's aft? I haven't seen a robot so dull concerned with saving the earth since Al Gore.

11. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    An insightful interview. Gotta appreciate how fan opinions and ideas have been considered and had some input in the making of this series.

It was interesting also to hear about why Arcee was included in the show too. I'm glad they decided to use her; she's currently one of the strongest characters on the show. It's a chance now for Orci & Kurtzman to properly realize their ideas for her, though Prime Arcee is not the same as her ROTF triplicate manifestation.

12. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Bay wants, Bay gets. Bay didn't want Arcee in a large role and wanted her dead - but it was Bay who portrayed the three as individuals. So technically if we're going by Bay, while Arcee is indeed dead (as he so gleefully threw out there before ROTF was released), Chromia is technically not. And as said, they didn't write DOTM, so it's up to Kruger whether Chromia will show up or not. Since it's far more then likely that she won't, Chromia will just join the club of dissapearing Transformers with Jolt, Scalpel, and Barricade.

But, this shoots up my respect for Rob and Alex. Hey TF Wiki, this is proof they're reading you guys - heck, those two are probably reading this now! How on Earth did they write the movie that was so critically panned, but are writing this amazing series? "Maybe it's just the grief talking..." "Robots... who die". Writer's Strike my ass, these guys truly are great, so how did ROTF's script happen...? (No trolling on my part, though).

13. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Well, they did put together ROTF's story in 3 weeks at most, so maybe what they're doing right now is their "woulda coulda shoulda" list.

Bay's bad sense of humor might have had a lot to do with the panning as well.. The humor in TFP is very different.

14. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Glad to hear they take a consensus of the fans comments and try to bring the bots and storylines we would like..and we like Arcee, doesn't matter about her gender to them, or to us for that matter....Arcee is a great character and they're writing for a great Autobot, not just a fembot :thumb 

15. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    I need the TF : Prime Arcee action fig like nao. :D 

16. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Take at look at a timeline I did way back to see how most of Rotf was planned out and locked in before the script was ever written

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-movie-discussion/267442-how-make-movie-out-script.html

17. KhaN

KhaN Well-Known Member

Ebay:
  18. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    I gotta wonder why Bay seemed to disliked the ROTF Arcee triple bike concept so much. To me, the idea of a character divided into three bodies (and potentially personas?) with a shared consciousness that can combine into one being is a fascinating sci-fi and wonderfully alien idea. It's a crying shame that the 2nd movie didn't even remotely hint at her psychology and how the three bike sisters operate in tandem with one another. A totally wasted opportunity for a very intriguing character there.

Orci & Kurtzman may not be directly responsible for writing the dialogue of the episodes I'm thinking. That would be the department of the episode script writers. I think Jeff Kline said before that Orci & Kurtzman "set the general direction of the series", which the episode writers then create detailed episode scripts for. So I think Orci & Kurtzman's role in Prime is one of overall story-setting, but not necessarily planning or writing the plot details of individual episodes. It would be good to get clarification on this though.

19. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    I think Bay was more opposed to the character in general, I think. I remember he rejected Arcee even when she was a single motorcycle back with the first film, so I'm guessing he just doesn't like Arcee to begin with. I think he's smacking himself, now that he realizes that Arcee's really a character now (we gotta admit, we never really saw Arcee do anything in G1 or Animated)

Hmm... you're right. I guess we do need some clarifacation on the true writers of these episodes, but nevertheless, they're kicking some butt with this series.

20. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    I personnaly don't care for the Prime series, I hate it actually. But as far as the whole Arcee and gender thing, who cares. It seems this is more of a human concern then a Cybrtronian concern. Besides Hasbro never really got into the whole relationships thing with the Autobots and Decepticons which suck cause I for one would love to see more chick-bots in the mix. But my eal question is this-is there ONLY the Autobots and Decepticons or are there OTHER factions out there??? Cybertron is a big PLANET anyway and there are tons of Cybertronians, there has to be other factions out there on that planet, I HIGHLY doubt they were killed off in the melee of the wars. Anywho, just a thought.