Problems with Transmetal Megs???

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Jimmy88, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Jimmy88

Jimmy88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey dudes I was just wondering if any of you ever had problems with Transmetal Megatron, yah know that shiny purple t-rex:)  yah know like actual problems such as arms or legs breaking. Now Im just asking because I little while back when I was photographing my BW collection as I was transforming him his arm, his robot arm, broke off(and do any of you guys know how I would fix him, its near the pin for those of you familiar with him) and I was also wondering about the legs because one leg clicks when you move it and the other does not, I am fearing that that one will eventually come off, cause for some reason I am thinking that this is my second one and when I was a kid that leg broke off and I had to get this one. Anyway let me know guys and although he is in one piece in beast mode right now and still love him you guys know of another lying around??? Thanks guys;) 

Also I am fearing that this collection will have a hard time staying around, they seem very stiff when transforming, has this happened to you guys and would anything happen where more of them would break:( 

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    One of the most famous victims of Gold Plastic Syndrome. Even though it's brown plastic, it's the same basic problem. There's really no fixing him. It will just break again. It's inevitable.

Gold Plastic Syndrome - Transformers Wiki

3. BlackzaraK

BlackzaraK deceptabum

News Credits:
    Yeah tm2 megatron has gold plastic syndrom which means don't touch, transform because its going to break its very common
    onces it starts you can't really fix it from breaking maybe just glue it if you can, and leave it be.

4. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    get the japanese beast wars metals version of megatron...problem solved!

i was stubborn and went thru three beast wars transmetals megatrons before i said enough and upgraded to the japanese version....no problems whatso ever anymore...

5. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

if you can not find the japanese version, there is always the "armada" version :) 

6. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
  7. Dolza_Khyron

80 dollars for that mold isn't too bad, especially the japanese version, i was expecting a LOT more lol

8. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    unfortunately most for sale are the primal and megatron 2 pack...which is always $150 and up.

9. Dolza_Khyron

if only they did not come up with that gold plastic! :lol