Problems with Paypal Shipping! Please Help!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lildevilchick, Aug 6, 2007.

1. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

I'm assuming this goes here. If not, could a mod please move it? Thanks.

Okay, here's the story. I've been buying quite a bit on eBay lately, and like most people, I use Paypal to make my purchases. I've moved a few times in the past 2 years, so I found myself needing to update my address before said purchases could be made. Something to note: I now live in an apartment and this is the first time I've ever had items I've won shipped to an address with an apartment number included.

For some reason beyond my understanding, whenever a seller uses a paypal shipping label, my apartment number is not included in the address! And obviously, if there's no apartment number, the packages cannot be delivered. I've had this happen with 3 items now. The first two I managed to catch before they could be returned, but the last one was sent back yesterday (Sunday) when the post office was closed to the public, with no way for me to get it. So, needless to say, I'm very unhappy.

Whenever a seller uses a paypal shipping label and I receive my confirmation e-mail I always check it over and the apartment is included every time! But when I actually get the items, there is no apartment included in the address. I've already called Paypal and they confirm that the address they have on file for me does have my apartment number included and that it is correct! I was willing to accept seller error the first two times this occurred, but 3 times? That's pushing it a little far.

So has anyone ever had this sort of thing happen before? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    No idea, I live in an apartment too, but we have a common secure entrance that the mailman leaves all packages at, so I get my stuff regardless of the apartment number on the package.

Maybe talk to the mailman about it?

3. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    when you send your payment via paypal, you are allowed to add a note with it. I would suggest adding "please include my apartment number with in the address" and give your apartment number. Or maybe even say please ship to the following address and then put in your address. Doing it this way I never had a problem when bidding on an auction for someone and then having it shipped to their house.

4. lildevilchick

I did. He was a complete jerk. And we have a front office! I don't understand why they can't just leave packages there. When I asked about that possibility, the guy looked at me like I was crazy.

I hate the postal system! :cry 

5. lildevilchick

I've started doing that, although the items I've done that with haven't been shipped yet. I think I will do the "ship to this address" thing. Thanks!

6. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i live in an apartment and i had once where there were no address anywhere on the box (either the seller or mines)....but somehow, the office knew which one it is...kinda weird....

7. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    You might try putting the apartment number in as part of your Street Address instead of just in the 'Apt' box. You'll probably end up with some packages having two numbers on it, but at least you'd get one.

You don't mention, tho, if the problem occurs only when they're using one mail method such as UPS, or whether the problem occurs with all shipping methods. Most likely its not PayPal's system that's the problem, but whatever system the seller is importing the information to. I had a similar problem with Adobe Systems' shipping info getting all messed up when it was given to UPS. Luckily they put my phone number on it, tho, so the shipping center could call me from 30 miles away to come pick it up.

--Moony

8. lildevilchick

So far it's only with USPS. I don't usually have things shipped by UPS.

9. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    What about getting a P.O. Box then? You can use it for everything except those auctions which specifically ask for a physical address, and the item will sit in a secure place until you pick it up. Much more secure than a surly postal employee who doesn't want to do his work.

For those auctions which do require a physical address, you just keep both addresses in Paypal and switch when needed.

Not a perfect idea, but it might lessen the possibility of lost, stolen, or returned packages.

--Moony

10. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Maybe put the apartment number on "Address line 2" so it will appear below the street address? That is assuming it's getting cut off at the end. If you already have it on address line 2, then you may want to put it on address line 1 right after the buildings street address. Some systems don't put line two on the label when it prints.