problems with packages from uk?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by miasboytoy, Nov 4, 2007.

1. miasboytoy

miasboytoy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    theres supposedly a post strike there but i dunno for sure.

heres my story i dont even know what to do. my deal was with Dominatorx from ireland. our first deal was a high end deal. i bought a lio kaiser giftset off him with a imo for 400 usd and everything went smoothly except for the fact i paid for tracking and he blamed the post office for not giving him one. the package arrived as scheduled luckily. i was weary then. so now on to our second high end deal. a lot of movie toys for an incomplete victory saber set. my package arrived with 2 weeks of mailing it from canada. while his package is still missing. he shipped it ground which takes about 3 weeks as he quoted. theres no tracking and i havent heard from him in 4 weeks now. he said tehre was trouble with internet, but 4 weeks is pushing it. so the package was supposedly shipped aug.29/07. its been 2 months and a bit. still nothing. last pm i got from him was on aug.30/07 stating the packaged has been shipped. havent seen him online since. i have tried msn, email and pms. even conacted lio kiaser the mod and mr roboto about this. i heard theres a strike in britain. should i be worried. i think ive been had. has anyone got anything from britain? thanks. sorry for highkacking the thread but i assumed were kinda in the same situation except if i get screwed i get nothing as it was a trade.

just wondering if anyone has recieved anything from the uk? thanks for reading.

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yes, we did have a postal strike, but that finished a while ago now, and things should be more or less back to normal now. It is possible it got lost in the post due to the immense backlog, but a large package like that wouldn't go through the regular Royal Mail anyway.

3. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    No, the "normal" Royal Mail has got an international weight limit of 2kg.

I think it sounds like he shipped it Parcel Force ground perhaps. Their turnaround is supposedly 30 days for a ground item, but 2 months is definitely pushing it. Especially when he's not communicating at all...

4. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Post to Canada can take a VERY long time. I remember shipping a GI Joe Hammerhead to a guy who won it frm me on eBay a couple of years back, and it took 3 months to reach him.
    However the lack of communication from him is very dodgy indeed IMO. He doesn't appear to have posted here in a couple of months either.

5. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I did a deal or two (can't remember how many exactly) with a Canadian dealer. On both sides it took well over a month for the items to arrive.

The recent postal strike won't have helped. I know they're still dealing with lots of items, as two of my friends who work in the nearby sorting office are getting loads of overtime to help deal with it.

Items caught up in the strike aren't allowed to be sorted in the normal working day, they have to be done by temps or people on overtime.

6. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The Irish postal service isn't necessarily dependent on the British postal service, so the strike may not be a factor. Depending on the method used, some packages may go through Heathrow first, or some may go direct to North America.

I've not talked to him in a good while. Last i heard he was having a slew of problems.

7. miasboytoy

Ebay:
    yeah ive kinda lost hope a long time ago. he is a good guy but i think i have been ripped off by the sounds of it. thanks for all the replies. keep them going. its been 67 days since the package was supposedly shipped.

8. miasboytoy

Ebay:
    what happens if it is over 2 kgs? he mentioned that it was and he still shipped it ground. said customs may hold it due to it being overweight? heres his last pm to me.

yup yup ent out yesterday
    it might take up to three weeks to get to you cause of the weight and longer if customs get there hands on him for being over the weight limit

Oh and my damn network is down again so i may be incommunicado for a week or so

talk to you soon
    Hugh

9. miasboytoy

Ebay:
    bump

10. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    It gets shipped by Parcel Force instead.

11. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I don't know if this will help, but unless specified as Airmail it'll go out by surface, which means container by sea.

And to top it off, they shove stuff into these containers by size, not necessarily in order that they get them. That means that certain sized packages are not shipped until there is a gap in a container big enough, but without wasting space.

Years ago I had quite a large package filled with Centurions that took well over 3 months to get from the US to the UK... I honestly thought it was wasted money until one day out of the blue it showed up.

And these Strikes have really messed up some areas, In July a friend ordered some stuff for his wedding which was in September, as far as I know he has not yet recieved it. It got so bad for him he's sending stuff to me and driving down to pick it all up.

I dunno, I'd give it a little while longer before really sweating about it.

12. miasboytoy

Ebay:
    yeah i heard from 2 guys that know him. hes kinda having really bad problems if the things i hear are true. i think im really screwed or they may show up somday out of the blue.