Problems with Classics Mirage

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Brodimus Prime, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Brodimus Prime

Brodimus Prime Matrix Templar

News Credits:
    I just picked up Classic Mirage. While I like him a lot (especially robot mode), I'm having some fits getting him to transform properly. Trying to get him into vehicle mode, I'm having probelms with the front end, where the car's hood folds down over Mirage's face. There seems to be a grayish peg (I think it's a peg) back behind Mirage's head, and for some reason that peg is directly in line with a piece of the windshield. So when I fold the windshield and front end down over the head, the peg gets in the way and I'm unable to snap the front end down over the face. Anyone else have this problem or know a way I can fix it? Or maybe I'm just not transforming him properly. I'd hate to have to take it back just after getting him. Thanks in advance.

2. Black Omen

Black Omen Well-Known Member

Mine's the same way.

3. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry but I can't seem to find this "grey peg" behind my Classic Mirage...maybe you can take pictures because my Mirage seems to have a "good fit" in vehicle mode.

4. Brodimus Prime

News Credits:
    What did you do about yours Black Omen?

btw, I'd take pictures if I actually had a camera.

5. Black Omen

I have to put his head up first then rotate his chest. And make sure his arms are out of the way.

6. Brodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Everything seems to be working fine when I transform him, except that his windshield just won't fit over his head. It just won't fit.

7. Black Omen

Try rotating his head around. I don't have mine in front of me so I can't see what your's is doing.

8. Brodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Well, the peg is behind the head. So when I push the windshield down to go over the head and front part of the car, the little grey peg piece keeps hitting what looks like a piece of the windshield. Instead, I think the peg is suppose to snap in place between that piece of the windshield and a piece of the blue hood-like thing that sits atop the windshield. But it seems that the pieces are perfectly lined up, so the windshield and wheels can't snap over the face and front part of the car.

9. Black Omen

[​IMG]

Maybe this will help.

His head is facing down.

[​IMG]

10. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok, your talking about here right? If so tell me, I had the same problem when I got Mirage.
    [​IMG]

11. Brodimus Prime

News Credits:
    It's in that area, Heat Guy. It seems that Mirage's torso/front end of the car should push back and fit nicely in his back/windshield section of the car. But it doesn't. The piece that won't fit is the gray piece that's being held by that tiny metal rod. I think you and I may have the same problem. Any suggestions?