Problems with Alternity Figures?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by matrixprime, Jan 6, 2010.

1. matrixprime

matrixprime AJ's Toy Chest Owner

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just got Alternity Black Megatron and for some reason when I transform him into robot mode his lower abdomen doesn't want to swing down automatically like Alternity Convoy's does. I had to pry it out with a butter knife. Has anyone else had this type of problem?

2. kamuix

kamuix weeeeee

i messed with mine and i don't seem to have the problem with my alternity megatron. i have the silver version and haven't run into any problems.

3. matrixprime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well now that I have the ab part out it doesnt sit flush in car mode again. I also noticed a small piece of black plastic looks broken off. My girlfriend bought him from TFsource, should I email them about a return or do you guys think Im stuck?

4. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You could email them and see if they'll replace it for you, but I wouldn't mention the butter knife part.

5. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

There was a thread on this board about the black Megatrons having problems with that abdomen panel. Last saw it November somewhere, I think. Quite a few people came forward about the issue, and no one else responded to that thread stating that their's was fine. It was enough that I asked BBTS if they could swap my "pile of loot" Black Megs order for the blue one (which they did, and I now have). The other two before the black one didn't seem to have the issue you're having, and my blue one works great.

In fact, if I recall properly, the guy that started the thread had done three swaps and had the same problem with all three. (or someone in that thread did). Sounds like something happened to the mold quality once they got to making that black one. Obviously, I can't say if every single black diamond Megs is like this. But it's not favorable.

If they'll take the return, and if you're dead-set on the black one, I'm not certain trading it in will get you a better one (maybe? You never know). If you don't have any of the others and don't mind the color change that much, try and trade for a silver or blue.

6. gonzo23

gonzo23 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Sorry to hear that! I ordered mine from TFsource but have no problems with it.

7. matrixprime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I fooled around with it a bit more and its really not that noticeable in car mode, so I guess I'll keep it unless TFsource says they'll swap it for me

8. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Had an extremely similar issue with my silver convoy (first time I transformed it back to car mode). My silver megatron has not had this issue.

My convoy got so messed up with this that it wouldn't transform. I got very lucky that BBTS actually sent me a new one for free (about a month after I purchased it- that is amazing customer service!).

They even let me keep my broken one- so now I keep that in car mode (although I have no choice there since it won't transform) and try to keep my new convoy in bot mode (lest the problem repeat).

9. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    I guess that's the problem with automorphing. I had no problem with my silver convoy until yesterday. I don't know what I did wrong but the stomach piece now just won't automorph...damn. And the stomach also won't connect to the waist area...Now I'm rather scared to play with my megatron now

10. Dally

Dally Decepticon

Ebay:
    I don't have Alternity Megatron yet (He'll be here tomorrow along with Silver Convoy :D ), but my Bumblebee got stuck on the part where his legs pull down and the hood and windshield automatically slide back. The steering wheel and dashboard ended up going underneath the seat, which was preventing it from moving. I was able to fix it by just prying it out, but now I know to make sure to guide that part when transforming him.

11. Rootburr

Rootburr Member

My Red Convoy lacks screws on the driver-side door, so the window/door panel piece just falls off.

12. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Had no issues with my black Megs, however it was only transformed once to robot, then back to car mode before i sold him on. But both times were fine. I've kept the silver version, and that's fine; similarly, I had no problems with the red Convoy mould.

Could be that transforming them lots doesn't do the automorphing gimmick much good (tho I assume it's transformed repeatedly during testing), or you could just be unlucky and have a duff one.

13. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

A few people on here came forward about the same issue.

14. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    the only problem I had with my alternity convoy is the hip swivel joints are pretty loose

15. rcal7109

rcal7109 Maximal

Today I got my second alternity black megatron (after BBTS Replaced it for me). My first megatrons ab piece wouldn't fold down during the automorph when you collapse his abdomen. I sent it back to BBTS and the second one has the same problem as the other one.