Problems Transforming US-MP Thundercracker

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bakushan, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Bakushan

Bakushan Well-Known Member

So I tried to transform my MP Thundercracker today to the Plane for the first time, and had some issues.

Step 1: It says to remove the main blasters. When you remove them from the unit, what are you supposed to do with them? They say to reattach them to the plane in step 27, but then what are you supposed to do with the missiles? Put them on the base? What if you want to have the missiles on the plane in display mode, then you just lay the blasters somewhere? Is it possible have both the blasters and the missiles on the TC in plane mode?

Step 5
    : Shows a crotch piece snapping inwards towards the unit. I pressed this and tried to move it, and it would not move in either direction. I could see the hinge, but in the default position out of the box I could not move it at all. The step 5 instruction shows it going in towards the figure, so I pressed and pressed... until it snapped off and broke. Ugh.

Step 7: It shows the rear tail fins folded back on a hinge. My TC already had the fins attached to the legs as it shows in step 8, and I could not seem to "unhinge it" at all, and at this point I was fearful of breaking it again.

In the end, I was able to get it all transformed... with some finagling and back track steps. I had the backside of the feet on top of the rear thrusters when I was done, and I realized that in no step does it show to fold those inwards, but I figured that out. Didnt see it in the instructions at all...

The plane looks amazing on the stand, and I had no idea how large it would be. When you guys take pictures, no-one ever seems to put a Dr Pepper can or something next to them to show them to scale. I had no idea, even after having looked at him in robot mode, that the plane would be so large, detailed and realistic proportions. I have a very nice dragonwings F-15 diecast model, and the MP TC looks nearly identical. I am impressed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    It comes with the wrong instructions.

Correct ones are on Hasbros site. I think.

3. Bakushan

I knew it. I was thinking "These cant be the complete, accurate instructions. LOL. And the box says "two heads" but I guess that is wrong too. lol

4. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    They reused the character art from Generations Thundercracker too.

5. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It looked to me that the main difference is that old mold, legs go first, new one, they go last.

6. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  7. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  8. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear about step 5 man. I got mine today, but already knew the instructions were wrong, so I worked around them. A good tip when you transform future masterpiece figures: check out some well made video reviews first, like Peaugh or TJ Duckett. They'll usually go through the difficult parts and explain when you need to be careful.
    I must say he looks amazing on the shelf. Kind of a hassle to play around with, because of the torso not connecting to anything, but once he's up there he looks fantastic.

9. Bakushan

Thanks!!

They should really change the ages on the box to 16+.

This toy, in no way, is for a 5 year old.

Hell I am 28, and I already broke it on accident. I can't imagine actually beating on it like I did my old joes...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2012
  10. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

YouTube can help too. I can't stand the instructions. I've never transformed mine

11. tactikill decoy

tactikill decoy Well-Known Member

the instructions i got for thundercracker were actually for masterpiece starscream(a walmart release i believe). it was difficult for me to get into jet mode as well, but i put him in robot form next to starscream in robot mode. which is cool because you see the difference in their wings and legs. and then i have skywarp in jet mode inbetween.

12. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  13. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    why take the null rays off? they were designed so they could stay on during transformation

14. Bakushan

The instructions say to remove them from the model.

15. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They do, but you don't have to. I've transformed my MP-11 Starscream and TC without having to remove them. You just have to move them out of the way while transforming them. Or....you can do as those instructions say and remove them.

16. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I suppose they didn't want to cheat in the engineering and make it able to transform without removing them.