Problems playing Smash brothers online

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Cloud Strife, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife 01000011 01000101 0101010

is noone playing online anymore with smash? i got the game for christmas and just got a chance to play online and when i started it said, "searching..." for all 3 other players then after a while it says, "couldn't connect to other players" and loggs me offline. sometimes i get the error code, 86420. tried some of that stuff but it doesn't seem to work. any suggestions?

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I only get to play this when at my brother's apartment, as it was his Wii and game here. :(  Thankfully, I am finally getting my own Wii tomorrow. I don't have this game yet though. I can't imagine there not being anyone playing the game online. I'd say your problem is related to that error code. I'd recommend you contact Nintendo's toll-free help to figure out your solution.

3. Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife 01000011 01000101 0101010

i didn't realize they had a "toll-free" help line, i'll have to try that later tonight, Thanks!

4. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

nintendo's smash bros servers have always been kind of flaky unfortunately. i had the same problem when the game first came out and traffic was high. i'm sure this soon after christmas a lot of people got the game and they probably are having similar problems. i'm not sure why they have no much trouble while mariokart runs without a hitch.

taken from | Nintendo - Customer Service | Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection - Error Code Results:

5. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    I've never had problems playing smash online. Well, except the all too common person who can't stand losing, so he turns off his console, forcing you to get offline.

6. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    I haven't had any problems like that.

But then again, I've only played online once. Horrible lag is horrible.

7. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    I never had the error code, but when I first started using it used to cut off for me during the loading time frequently. It got better eventually (the lag didnt though :/)

8. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

I thought they had a work around where the character they were controlling just stopped moving for a couple seconds and then the game takes control. (I'm not sure what would happen if everyone you were playing against quit, though.)

A quick search indicates that it doesn't replace characters when you play with friend codes. Maybe you just need better friends? :) 

9. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I gave up on Smash Bros online.
    I got "Searching..." more than I ever actually played a match.
    Then when I got a match we couldn't talk and the lag was horrible.

Maybe we could trade codes or something and try it again.