Problems at the Sheraton

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by gen1fan, Jun 7, 2011.

1. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If you had any problems at the Sheraton at all during your stay during BOTCON. Please call the Starwood Corp Customer service center At 1-800-328-6242.

Even if it was waiting 20 minutes to the van to pick you up, rude staff not adressing an issue , gym being out of service, water running toilet. I just spent the last hour on the phone with them and if you want a refund thats the number you need to call. With all the issues we had during the week , and explain how we waited over 20 times at target for pick up. The Hotel did not follow starwood and Sheraton policys. For starters with the hotel being sold out they should of had 2 van running. Extra bellmen and other staff on hand to handle a sold out hotel. They want to send out one of the inspectors to the hotel

Will give post an update of what I get.

MODS: if this is in the wrong section please move it to the correct area, or if we can get it on the main page that be great.

FOR all of you that FELL that Im wrong to call corp. Here the list of issue FOR STARTERS IM DISABLE, I LOST MY LOWER LEFT LEG AND FOOT ONLY 4 MONTHS AGO, AND MEGAMUS IS BLING ON HIS LEFT SIDE. On top of that both Megamus and myself have worked in the hotels for many years. Yes we hold them to a high standard

Call over a year to book the rooms, book a KING and a Double that connect and be on the !st floor due to 2 memeber of our party are disable.
    HOTEL reply was that was not an option in their hotel. that kings only connect to kings and double only connect to doubles. Had to take 2 double that connected. Later found out what the hotel front desk told us was a lie. there are kings that connect to doubles.

I need a shower chair due to my disability, had to call the front desk 2 time to get one delivery.

Phone in op in my room when checked in, had to use phone in connecting room to get shower chair and phone fix

Safe was not working when we checked in. had to sit in room during the 2 hour repair.

MOLD growing on ac unit and on walks. WHen front desk was told, nothing was done to fix the problem and hotel was sold out due to con and wedding so They could not move us into another room.

Was charged for 2 vechile parking spots when we only had 1 vechile between the 2 rooms.

Asked for extra pillows casue I have to have my stub leveled at night. When i answer door, houseman throw pillows at me and I was using my crouches at that time.

Rude azz staff. Bartner told me to leave cause I was not ordering drinks cause I just had taken my pain killers. Even those my friends had over a 200 dollar bar tab.

maids came keeping into room every tho we opt for the green friend program.

Had to fight to get 2nd parking charge removed from bill.

Carpet in the 1 room had large black stains all over and was rip and torn on the steps.

their are more issues if you want me to list them. But Those are just the ones from 1 room.

Yes I want a full refund on the room charges and if it costs someone their job to bad

UPDATE: a full refund has been iussed, room desk Manager has a mark again her file for not mark the correct call on the mold issue. They sent an inspector out and he had a bad time as well and found more major problems with the hotel.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  2. aeligature

aeligature aka zynordar TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I thought the Target was only .6 miles away from the Sheraton. That's the one I went to.

3. gen1fan

News Credits:
    it was but on tuesday when we can for pick up we would told it would be at least a 20 minute wait

4. Master Zarak

Master Zarak Emperor of Destruction

Ebay:
    The horror!! Seriously, that's not a big deal, considering the service was FREE.

5. Autobot City Comics 2008

Autobot City Comics 2008 Drama Geek

News Credits:
    i found out today only the second day there my card was charged $303.05 and they can't tell me why and the full amount of the whole stay is pending to clear tonight BULLSHIT!!!

6. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

The hotel seemed fine to me. The only tiny quibble I had was the fact that the Sheraton elevator required you to scan your room key to select a floor. When your arms are full of toys and boxes and whatnot, it's not always easy to dig around in your pocket for a key. I wonder if that's unique to that particular hotel, or is it a west coast thing? I've never seen that before.

7. wgoodman

wgoodman Big Bot

It was probably just an authorization and depending on your bank it may appear as a charge. This is standard practice at every hotel out there. Your card is preauthorized for the total of your room and tax plus ~15% for incidentals. They just want to know that you can pay for it. Each credit or debit card has their own policies for whether or not they hold the authorization against your available credit and for how long. Rental car companies do the same thing, especially if you refuse their insurance, gas stations sometimes do too.

I spent the last 11 years of my life managing a hotel. I don't anymore. But let's just say that about 1 out of every 500 guests had never heard of such a thing and got all bent out of shape about it.

8. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah don't really see why a 20 minute wait for a free shuttle is a big deal? I remember during busy times in '09 people waited for longer than that.

Regarded swiping rooms keys to use elevators, that's pretty common in hotels these days. At least I've seen it in lots of places.

9. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    We walked to the Target and carried all the stuff we bought back. *shrug*

10. Protoman

Protoman The Legendary One Veteran

News Credits:
    Whole jugs of juice, food AND toys no less. MEN!

11. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I mean no offense here, but I have to comment on some of this.

Uh....public transportation takes longer ans costs you money. Some towns and cities have an hour long wait time between pickups.

Sorry, can't see your point here.

I'll give you this one, but a call to corporate or a customer survey card would've sufficed.

An annoyance, sure. Should they have had it operating? I suppose. However, look at from another POV. On the one hand they had a convention with countless numbers of people coming and going. Some were staying in the hotel, some weren't, and with the amount of people, it would've been difficult for them to see who was allowed in and who wasn't, so shutting it down was most likely the easiest way to go.

On the second hand, it's a convention for TF fans. Most of us, myself included, haven't seen a gym since school ended and haven't looked back. LOL

Again, a minor annoyance. Yes, it does suck, but here's some food for thought...

1.) You could've checked the tank yourself. Should you have to? No. Would it kill you? No.

2.) Close the bathroom door. Does a damn fine job of blocking sound.

3.) You weren't paying for the water bill, so....

Again...free transportation, and it wasn't an hour long wait.

Target was, from what I hear, six tenths of a mile from the Hotel. So...racing to and fro just to pick you people up at the drop of a hat? Not their highest priority. Yet they made it one and picked you up, period. I walked more than a mile (round trip) to get to work, from time to time when I was working retail. People do it all the time.

You yourself just said it...they were sold out, and the number of people staying in the Hotel is bad enough, plus they had to deal with people walking in off the street to attend the convention, not to mention other guests not attending the convention.

It's a fact that those few people who were merely renting a room for the night or the weekend, and weren't there for the convention, but run of the mill guests, will be serviced first.

We have a family friend who operates a front desk during the night shift at a Hotel in North Carolina, and he said the conventions bring in big business, but the attendees are so busy with that, they don't even pay attention to, much less use their room all that often.

The other people staying there, do. They also have to put up with convention goers, and when you're gone, they're still there. The Hotel will give those people their absolute best because there's a chance they'll be repeat customers at some point. How often will there be another Botcon? And at that exact location?

I mean, I understand to some degree why you're unhappy, I really do. However, I think you're being a tad unreasonable on some of the requests.

Aw, now that seems like overkill. It might even cost someone their job. Does that seem even remotely fair? I mean, really think about that for a moment. What if someone loses their job because you were mad that a free shuttle service didn't pick you up just right then when you snapped your fingers?

If you get refunded or comped, without it being at the expense of one of the employees, more power to you. If you get everything you want, and will probably never return, and someone suffers for it...not cool.

I'm just really saddened to read this thread. :(  I hope no one gets in trouble over this. I'd like you to spend a week in their shoes, and right at convention time. I'll bet you'd be singing a different tune then.

12. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I lol'd

13. gen1fan

News Credits:
    when you have over a dozen issue with the hotel it is an issue. Starwood policy is once the hotel is at 80% sold out they should of have 2 van, not just one.

14. gen1fan

News Credits:
    upaded list of isses

15. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Jim did not stress the most important factor that got me ticked. We asked to NOT have the room cleaned and TWICE they came in. We had the door hanger on the door but the woman said it was on the floor. So I can somewhat understand, they need to have the signs that go into the card readers so they cannot fall out. BUT after we told them we did not want the room serviced, one of us checked the sliding door and it was unlocked so we locked it, this was while the maids were still in the room. We went to the other room and after eating went back into the room as the maids were gone. The sliding door was unlocked again!!! This is a total disregard for security. I mean if we had not checked, someone could have robbed us blind. I can understand mistakes but THIS HAPPENED TWICE. THEY DO NOT LOCK THE SLIDING DOORS BEHIND THEM. I too have been a Hotel Manager and I know if the hotel is sold out get more staff. If things come up and you are short on staff, be prepared to comp some stuff to make the guest happy.... number one rule, make them happy. Keep the heads in the beds.

16. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now wait a minute. You didn't post that stuff this morning. If you had, I and many others would've been on your side. People lambasted you because you made it look like you were impossible to please.

Now that we know the whole story, I do hope you receive a full refund. In the future? Full disclosure goes a long way, ya know?

17. Darkov

Darkov Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Should have stayed at the Hilton. It was only 2 blocks away from the convention center. It was VERY clean and the service was great. My only gripe was that every day the cleaning staff would crank the AC way down...I would come back to the room and it would be 60 deg in there...My poor toys were Freezing ;) 

18. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really, really cannot recommend the Travelodge on E Colorado Blvd.

Blood stains on the bathroom ceiling. Lovely!

19. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The pillows were heavenly. Helped me after the night/morning of reckless abandon.

20. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The gym at the Sheraton was closed for renovations (started in May, continuing to next week).