Problem with WiiConnect24-HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Eric, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Well, I finally got the Nintendo WiFi Connector today, and used it to update my Wii. Well, everything was running smoothly, got some updates. I continued the update until I got an error message. It read like this:

Error Code: 110213

There is a problem with the WiiConnect24 Service. Please try again later.

Is this just me, or am I not alone? And if I'm not alone, can anyone help me in this situation please? I'd REALLY appreciate it. Thanks!

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    as the error itself told you, go to support.nintendo.com

3. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

I'd say call Nintendo on this.

4. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Error Code: 110213 is specifically the code for when someone posts in the wrong forum I think.

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You broke it. All the Wii site says is to call Nintendo if you get that particular code.

That probably means sending it in for a new one.

6. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    You could also, uh...what's the original post suggest? "Try again later?" Yeah, that's it!

7. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Great. Just ****ing great. Well, my day just went from good to shitty.

Since I did get the WiFi USB connector, I figured if it didn't work for Wii, it SHOULD work for DS Lite. So, I popped in Mario Kart DS for it, tried out the WiFi, and...

It didn't work. It. Didn't. ****ing. WORK! I kept getting this message:

No access point in range. Move within range. For help, call 1-800 895-1672 in the USA and Canada, or visit Nintendo WiFi.com.

I talked to my dad about the trouble with the Wii. He says we don't have a wireless router, nor are we even wireless. We have cable internet connection, and we use an internet hub to connect all the computers in the house. I called Nintendo's customer service about this, and it turns out that the only other way I could get my internet to work on the Wii is, of course, send in the "damaged" Wii and get a new one, or have it repaired. Apparently, the woman who helped me (she was nice, BTW), said this was happening to most people with their Wiis. I was well aware of that. So now, I'm not sure how this is going to turn out. I'm going to send Nintendo an email asking them if I really do need a wireless router to make the WiFi connection possible.

8. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

My Wii one day had a problem where it couldnt find an access point despite having my wireless router no more than 7 feet away from it. After trying to get it to work for over 30 minutes, I left for a few hours. When I came back, everything was working just like it was before. Have not had a problem since. So wait a few hours, see what happens.

9. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Drat, outsmarted by a Lorry, I am disgraced

Um isnt there an ethernet to usb adapter that nintendo will charge folks for?

10. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Did you do the proper set up for the WiFi USB Connector? Did you install the software that comes with the USB dongle? Did you select the USB Connector option instead of just setting up a connection? Did you turn off your computers firewall? DId you tell your computer to Allow your Wii and DS to connect? Did you run the connection test? Sounds to me like you are getting ambitious, skipping steps and are not the most technology savy

11. wolfnfox

wolfnfox Well-Known Member

Ya I had this problem when I tried getting online to work for my Wii, I have the Nintendo USB connector as well.

What I did was download the latest version of the software for the adapter from http://www.nintendowifi.com/ un-installed the old software then did a whole install. After that I tried connecting from the Wii and it worked.

12. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    I DID install the software, I selected the USB connector option, I didn't have a firewall, I allowed my computer to let my Wii and DS connect, I ran the connection test, and still nothing.

Where at the site did you get the latest version of that software? I need to know.

13. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Okay, here's the update on the WiFi situation so far:

I did find the latest version of the software for the adaptor, downloaded it, and uninstalled the old version. Then I installed the new version, and tested my DS Lite with Mario Kart to see if it worked. Here's the good news: It worked, which means now I can play DS wirelessly with people all over the world, so...YAY!

Now the bad news. I tried testing the Wii for it, and my fear came true; it didn't work. I still got the dreaded 110213 message when trying to connect. So yeah, I think now I'm pretty screwed. DS-wise, no. Wii-wise, yes. So, I'm gonna call Nintendo to see what I have to do about my Wii problem. But other than that, my DS is now WiFi compatible, so when you're playing some Mario Kart, and you feel like racing with other people around the globe, you might see a guy who goes by the name of ERIC. That'll be me.

14. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Are you sure that your Wii has the right setting? You have to go into it and select the Nintendo WiFi USB Connector under the Wii Internet settings. Then you have to allow your Wii to connected through it by using Allow on the Nintendo Wi-Fi Registration Tool. Then you have to run a connection test after that. According to your error code, you need to send your Wii in for repairs. You can use this order form to get a mail label to send it to Nintendo http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/repair/repair_form_us.jsp

15. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    I did allow the Wii to connect using the connector. It just got me the 110213 message on the Wii. Guess I'm gonna have to send it in for repairs. :( 

16. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    one of my friends had this same problem. he tried connecting again the next day and it worked fine.

17. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I'm really, really sorry, but this will never get old. :lol 

18. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Your statement confuses me.
    If you don't have wireless, how are you even attempting to connect.
    I don't have a Wii (plan to get one), but my understanding is that it is wireless only.

If your DS can connect now, then chances are you are jumping on a neighbor's unsecured wireless network. Your DS is in your neighbor's hotspot, but your Wii is not.

Did your Wii ever connect?

19. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    If you read some of his other posts, you would see he's using a USB dongle.

20. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I did read all his posts.
    I was trying to get him to understand what he was trying to do without sounding condescending. I guess that didn't come across well in text.

Prior to getting the dongle, he was just trying to hop on a network that may or may not have been there.

Sorry, Eric, good luck with your issue.