Problem with TFA Bumblebee (NOT his stingers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ThaConqueror, Jul 24, 2008.

1. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Hi guys!

For those who own a TFA Deluxe BB, you may know that his front windshield and roof halfs connect to his lower legs by ball-joints. Now, my BB's right leg piece (the side without the stripe/siren) is all fine. However, the left leg piece (with the stripe/siren) pops off whenever I transform it/touch it/move it/look at it funny. This isn't a loose ball-joint problem - whenever the windshield/roof piece is moved, the ball post doesn't quite move with it, so it just sorta pops out. This is, quite frankly, a pain in the arse.

Any tips? Please?

Also, for future reference, how do you deal with REALLY tight screws? I was trying to do that swap-Prowl's-gold-hip-thingies, the right hip thing unscrewed fine, but the left one wouldn't bloody budge. This is also a pain in the arse.

Any tips for that?

2. RuntimusPrime

RuntimusPrime Member

I'm not sure what to do about Bumblebee, but as for untightening the screws on prowl, make sure you get a screwdriver with a very small tip and make sure you apply a lot of pressure, also, try to find a screw driver with a shorter shaft as it will give you more torque close to the head of the screw. Hopefully this helps!

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Make sure BB's roof part isn't getting snagged on the groove it fills. That would cause it to pop of the joint. If that's not it, pop off the roof part and inspect the back spring-loaded hinge peice. It make be getting caught on excess plastic.

4. nintendofreakgc

nintendofreakgc Bumblebee fan

Well, I just got Animated Bumblebee, and his ball joints do have a habit of popping off. In my case (and probably in yours), I think it's actually that they're a bit too tight. If this is the case, then the problem should lessen with time.

5. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Okay. I gotta tell Dad that when he pops off to the hardware store to get some superglue.

I checked. Nothing's getting caught on anything. I think my problem is either the ball is too small or the socket is too big, although they look the same size as the relevant bits on the other leg. Which is annoying.

On an unrelated note, I just figgered out how to multiquote! Yay for me!

6. BruticusPrime

BruticusPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Every TF collector should have a good set of jewelers screwdrivers.