Problem with my MP Voltron

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Ogami Daigoro, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

Yes, I realize this may be old for some of you, but I searched the boards and didn't find the old thread.

My MP Voltron that just came in today from BBTS (with TFC Blaster :rock  ) has a problem with the Blue Lion leg. The Black Lion leg that goes into the springy door won't settle into the small slot on the door once it is inside. It works fine on the Yellow Lion's door, but the Blue Lion won't fit in correctly, thus my Voltron is super-unstable since the Blue Lion leg is effectively loose.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? I'm emailing BBTS about the situation as well to see what can be done.

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sorry to hear about your problem. By the way your sig is too big for the board, but since you're the local homie, I resized it and fixed the color for you.:thumb 
    [​IMG]

3. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whoa! What a timing thread...I was just deciding whether I should pick-up the big guy over the weekend.

4. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Wow I am sorry to hear that. I would feel real bad if My MP Voltron had any problems. I heard something a while back about leg problems that if you gently pushed it in it would latch. Try that its all I can give you. If it works let me know.

5. Ogami Daigoro

Oops. It'd been a while since I did a sig, so I forgot about the rules for sizing. Thanks for the touchup, but I redid it myself cuz I liked the off-color look. It's kinda ghetto, but that's what I was going for :D 

6. Ogami Daigoro

Update

Just to update you all on my situation (and to help anyone else in the same boat), BBTS had been a great help. They had shipped a replacement Blue Lion free of charge, which I received today. I tried connecting it to form Voltron again. Didn't work unfortunately. :cry 

Frustrated, I turned to that thing called the Internet and also that other thing called Google for help. Searching through a few different sites, I found that there is a very simple fix that Toynami had apparently only emailed a few people about, since the fix is not a widely known thing. Make sure the Black Lion leg is completely straight, and when connecting the Blue Lion to the Black Lion add a little extra pressure to make sure the connection is secure. It may not make the same audible "snap" that the Yellow Lion connection makes, but it should be secure. I found this info on this site:

http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/reminator4/HTML/others/voltronmp.htm

So now it works. A very simple fix to a weird QC problem on Toynami's part. I was afraid to do it for fear of breaking something, but it works well and Voltron now stands proudly and with stability. And I also have an extra Blue Lion thanks to BBTS. :thumbs2: