Problem with my Animated Shockwave

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Roook, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Roook

Roook Well-Known Member

I picked up the purple Animated Shockwave at Target today and it seems to have a real problem with pieces falling off. The head feels really loose also, not sure if that's normal.

But there's a movable piece behind his head that keeps falling off everytime I move it. It's almost like it's not settling into the holes when I reattach it. Anyone else have this problem?

I'm also not sure what the point of this piece is. The instructions are a bit confusing for me because he started off in robot mode, and the instructions are in reverse, and I can't seem to get him into a decent vehicle mode.

Tips?

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    From my understanding, Purplewave has some real QC issues. I've no firsthand experience though, I went with the show accurate version.

Best of luck though.

3. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I never saw a regular Shockwave until about a week after I had picked up purple Shockwave. I was getting a bit frustrated with him, I ended up watching someones video review of him, and noticed that somewhere along the line, I had completely flubbed up the vehicle modes, I didn't extend out the pegs from the torso to attach to the arms, and I didn't have the arms quite right to hold it all together.

I did pick up that one gray Shockwave that I saw and it's almost two different figures. There's a clear ratcheting on gray Shockwaves elbows that the purple one didn't have (in fact, I clear nail polished his left elbow to tighten up the joint), the purple one has a wobbley head and the right thigh treadplate doesn't lock into place for Shockwave mode. The purple one also has many loose joints, leaving him a bit floppy. Also, for some strange reason, it seems like one leg is longer then the other. Sometimes the gun doesn't like being having the barrel extended all the way and will sometimes droop. A lot of minor issues to be sure, but not enough to warrant a return IMHO.

The gray one on the other hand, has tight joints, even the head mechanism, and is fine, there are zero issues with him. I removed the Decepticon sigil from the cannon and really love the figure. It's also rather neat having both to have a purple Shockwave and a gray Longarm Prime on display, plus it illustrates just how different they are from each other.

However, I've also heard of the reverse, people who had poor gray Shockies and tight purple ones, so there may be some luck of the draw there.

4. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    I don't like the purple Shocker, it's just so hard to keep it in tank or crane mode.

5. Autobotic9

Autobotic9 Well-Known Member

Being that Shocky is a exclusive, I don't transform often. He just looks totally badass displayed by himself.

6. JCMGTX

JCMGTX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    His head is actually extend to far out. I don't know why in Targets Packs it is, I guess cause he is shipped in robot mode. But I compared him to my regular Shockwave and pushed it back in, it takes a little force and actually wants to flip to Longarms face first then will drop back in to the body where it is supposed to be and then you can change it to Shackwaves face again. After you do this then it is not so floppy.

7. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    His head on mine is kind of gimpy. Other than that, I have no problems.

8. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    both of my shockwaves are as tight as hell and no problems with them... i studied all the P shockwaves for like 10 min's looking for the bast one.. lol.

9. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Same here. Any fixes for that? I can pose the head but if I shake him, he has the bobblehead effect.