Problem with Movie Leader Brawl

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Nemesis200SX, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Nemesis200SX

Nemesis200SX Member

Hello

I have bought movie leader brawl and have a problem in the tank mode. this "claws" in the front (don't know the exact english word for them) always pop down and his head comes up. they won't stay in position.

is there anything broken, or just misstransformed? anything i can fix?

thanks.

2. midicity

midicity Well-Known Member

It's not broken. Just use your thumb to push the head in further till u hear a click and it locks in place. The head is on a ball joint, it won't break the neck. It will pop off if there is excessive force

• Like Like x 1
  3. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It is common for the catch on that to be loose. A fly on an elephant in Africa farting can make mine trigger in Wisconsin.

4. metrotitan

metrotitan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine doesn't have that problem, but I've seen Brawls before where the head just won't stay down. I'm not sure if there is a way to fix it. I imagine someone on here would know what to do about it.

5. ramocan

ramocan Member

LOL, I've taken my bayverse transformers out of storage and started playing with them again. My brawl had the same problem since I purchased it.

It's been one decade since this post, but today I managed to fix the head problem. Took me a solid 3 hours to disassemble and reassemble and a lot of frustration because there are a lot of pieces to watch out for and it's a very involved re-build.

The issue with the head not staying down is that the locking mechanism's hook doesn't reach a tab, so it doesn't latch. The lever at the front that you push down to hide the head has a quite sturdy gear that rotates another cylinder that has the tab and is also connected to the head platform. So, when you push down on the lever, you rotate the gear, which rotates the other cylinder on the other direction, which lowers the head.

I believe the problem is that the mechanism may be seems to be mis-assembled, and the lever's gear is one tooth back. So, when you push the lever all the way down, the tab on the other piece (that holds the head) hasn't rotated far enough for the tab to be catched by the lock.
    As someone else pointed out, pressing on the head to get it very far down may do the trick in some cases, but in my case I had to take it all apart.

• Like Like x 1