Problem with Masterpiece Starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Noisemaze2006, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

As some of you know, I bought a MP Starscream & it broke. I wasn't gonna buy another one but it was bugging me so I went & got another before they were sold out. I was extra careful with the new one & knew what to watch out for. Well, the second one just snapped. There was nothing I could do to prevent it. I was as careful as anybody could possibly be. I'm gonna try to repair it with metal rings somehow. I'm posting this as a warning. And I'm wondering, am I the ONLY one this has happened to? :( 

I also have this question, is Takara simply importing this version over to Japan or are they producing their own run with better plastic? I don't have any trouble with my MP Skywarp. And I didn't have any trouble with my greenscream. If they're making thir own I might try my luck with that one. But it it's just this piece of crap imported then I'll be better off repairing this one.

You can see the quality of the plastic by the way it broke. Very weak.
    [​IMG]

The red arrow is pointing to stress marks in the plastic. This is very weak/brittle plastic in an important area that needs strong plastic. They used KO quality plastic on this so-called "masterpiece". Kinda reminds me of the horrible QC on the Toynami MP Valkyries.

[​IMG]

2. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

Ooooooooouch.

3. Spanky2324

Spanky2324 Member

Man that sucks. I hope when I get one that doesn't happen. Hope you can get it fixed so that if any more of us have the problem we have a proper solution.

4. wikkiddavis

wikkiddavis The wikkid man

News Credits:
    Holy cow! I hope when I pick up my Screamer hes goona be ok.

Sorry to see this happen to you twice. Did It break as soon as you was converting him or right out of the box?

5. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    ouch X2

so much for reported better plastic. i dont recall a fellow member having this problem with mp3.

just glue it and keep it in bot mode brah.

6. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That settles it, I'm never opening Walmart Screamer.

7. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

DEAR GOD!!! Right after I posted this thread I went & tried to lift up the side that wasn't broken to see what's underneath. I have an idea how to fix it. I just barely lifted up on it & it broke apart like a candy bar. This was the GOOD side!!!

[​IMG]

I've done major customizing & repaired tons of crappy KO's & I've NEVER seen anything like this! This is worse than GPS. I used to joke about McFarlane figures crumbling as soon as air hit them, this is worse. I'm gonna need to put metal in this spot somehow. This is nuts!

8. wikkiddavis

wikkiddavis The wikkid man

News Credits:
    Holy shit again. Im actually afraid to buy him now....that worse then one of those crappy KO bug bots I got at the fair that one year I opened it up touched its wing and it broke in my hand but it still wasnt as bad like that.

Youd think that hasbro would take better pride in thier product expecailly when they knew this was goona be a hot item for us collectors this is a big slap in are faces.

9. Spanky2324

Spanky2324 Member

Thats why I keep my mcfarlanes on either low shelves our the part of the shelf has to have a lot of space. The mcfarlane figures seem to be getting better as far as strength goes. Was putting together my massive I.43 twelve inch and it fell over on the stand because of me but to no avail not one broken piece. Sorry for the second break.

10. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn, you're cursed brah!

11. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I'm just waiting to see if anybody else has this problem.

Yeah, I think you're on to something there!!!:( 

12. Runamuck

Runamuck Swindle Knows Best

News Credits:
    I haven't had that problem with mine. Then again, I've never transformed him. I just left him in bot mode when I took him out of the package. I hope you can at least fix it or somethin, because that really does suck.

13. KYQ

KYQ The MSG Man

A tiny crack along the same area has appeared in my G1 MP Screamer too. A bit of plastic did break off the wing joint of my MP3, but it took it MUCH longer for that to happen. Regardless, I've kinda taken this as an inherent flaw in the mold. The honeymoon is over.. :( 

14. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    That sucks. I hope this isn't a rampant problem. It almost seems like someone at factory broke it before putting it in the package.

15. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    sure took long enough for anyone to complain about plastic issues though. I still say its far superior to the original 2 versions.

16. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    dude stop touching any more TF toys and get a priest!

17. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

Are you guys manhandling him?

18. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Even though you don't have one? :confused: 

19. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Nope! It was fine! I transformed him about 3 times. I just barely lifted up on it & as you can see in the pic it cracked in 3 places. Just the smallest amount of pressure did that. It's the plastic they used. There are 8 of these rings holding the pins, 4 on each wing & all of them just disintigrated.

I'm worried about my Skywarp, I can take Starscream back but if this happens to Skywarp I'm pretty much screwed.

I'm not sure if I can repair it, looks like more trouble than it's worth.

20. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't need to have one to see the drastic reduction in complaints.