Problem with Fansproject Defender. Needs help

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dre_203, Aug 18, 2012.

1. dre_203

dre_203 Active Member

Ebay:
    Hey guys. Is there anyone with a Warbot001 Defender that may be broken and you're using for spare parts? The right arm of my Defender needs a replacement part. Its the bicep piece that holds the arm. It cracked and now the arm wont stay in the elbow socket. I have tried to email Fansproject many times but Im not getting any repsonse from them. PM me if interested. Thanks.

View attachment 27314567

View attachment 27314568

2. jtscribe

jtscribe Well-Known Member

Might have better luck with who you bought it from, I had a broken piece on my Backfiery and sent them a couple emails about buying a replacement part, never heard back.

3. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    you both emailed FP and got no replies? maybe they dont have spare parts or replacements but they should still reply. Were did you guys buy from?

4. dwong1207

dwong1207 Well-Known Member

I've emailed FP before and they never got back to me on several occasions. You should go through the store you got it from.

5. Backstop

News Credits:
    I was told FP customer service was really good.

6. originaljk

originaljk Technobot

nope. emailed them several times about my g3 trailer and never heard a thing. say they are too busy.

7. sodawilly

sodawilly Old School fan since 1984

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    On the packaging it states they don't have replacement parts..... It always has.

- Gregg

8. Trent

Trent Froody

News Credits:
    On mine the clip that holds the rotor blades/sword on the handle broke. I emailed FP asking if they had a replacement part and they told me to contact the retailer I bought it off. Didn't help as the retailer (BBTS) had sold out.

9. Backstop

News Credits:
    That is a shitty way to get out of helping people that have problems with a toy.

10. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    ... why would you go to the manufacturer rather than the place you bought it if there's no manufacturer's warranty on the product in question?

11. sodawilly

sodawilly Old School fan since 1984

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Service concerns you should always go back to where you bought it from. I've always handled all of my third party pieces with care. When I got the FP Bruticus pieces, the main Bruticus head had a broken horn on mine out of the box, and I went back to BBTS to let them know, and they sent me a whole brand new head at no additional cost to me.

- Gregg

12. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    If a product has an issue straight out of the package, it's always best to go to the source you purchased from.

Now if this part is something that snapped off due to mishandling or something on the consumer's part, I can see why no replacement parts are offered. If I break a toy while forcing something or not transforming it correctly, how can I knowingly fault the company & call their practices shitty, if I'm the guilty party? In my opinion, they're smart as hell to not give replacement parts. I've seen WAY too many instances here on the forums where someone gets something new, gets all excited, then forces parts until something breaks......then they cry & want replacement parts (& usually get them from BBTS, TFSource or the like). It might be easier for a distributor to get ahold of parts than it would be for us to snap something (or even possibly lie) to get extra parts for our clumsy butterfingers.

Most toys won't break unless too much force is applied. But like I said, if there are loose or broken parts straight out of package, then I can see cause for replacement. Breaking under normal wear & tear or force shouldn't be replaced so easily.

13. Cadbane

Cadbane Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Defender figure is pretty sturdy if you follow the manual to transform, although his arms are quite tricky. I think they should still have spare parts as there was a second release not long before, hope they will reply you soon.

14. wheeljack359

wheeljack359 Master Technician

Ebay:
    Shapeways!!! If you cant find a part, make one! Im getting addicted to it actually. Any add on kit or head accessory I just go " good Idea im gonna draw it out" I do need practice on my 3d rendering program so I would do it, but I dont have that figure.