problem with ebay seller (your thoughts)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by deathonacracker, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Make up your mind either you think sellers need to give complete descriptions of every little detail as you said last page or need to just say theres a scratch or two. They aren't the same thing.

2. Triple Melter

Triple Melter EGG GANG™

I said be thorough, just because you took that and turned it into describing the condition of 100 pieces in your mind isn't my problem. Go back and reread.

3. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Let's just face facts here. A casual seller is not going to find a CHMS in their collection. It's not like CHMS runs rampant with non collectors.

Look honey, I could buy our son this "thundercracker for $8 on clearance or this thing that looks like thundercracker for $40. Well honey, nothing less then the best for our little one, buy the more expensive one".

The people who are selling fakes know what they are doing.

4. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have reread and you were the one who replied to

Then you were suddenly saying.

They seem like differing opinions of what thorough is to me that's all.

Not that I really care, I just think everyone's idea of thorough varies. Somebody who thinks they are selling something worth $5 or less will probably give a less detailed description than some one selling the same thing who knows its worth $50.

Simply saying I everyone is thorough only works if everyone has the same idea of what thorough is. As we don't the best you can really hope for is honest sellers and your own ability to ask questions as needed.

Anyway this is off topic(ish) and boring.

5. deathonacracker

deathonacracker Decepticrumb

Ebay:
    I would like to add one last thing about this auction regarding the comments aaying this was an obvious KO or that it's the buyers responsibility to research an item more thoroughly before bidding. There were 14 total bids. That means there were plenty of other people willing to bid up above the value of the CHMS version of this item, meaning the description and picture was pretty deceptive to all. Just an observation I thought I would post.

6. Triple Melter

Triple Melter EGG GANG™

I didn't suddenly change anything. One guy asked if he should note the letters and etchings on a toy to avoid any potential problems with a buyer filing a claim, and I said yes.

You asked me about cracks or scratches or stretch marks and how you should note them. I told you you should put them in the description. If the buyer inquires about it, then you can take it further. There's no contradiction despite how hard you try to make one.

Less description in the details makes more risk. Put as little or as much as you want, it doesn't make a damned bit of difference to me. But what I think doesn't matter regardless, it's what ebay thinks.

7. deathonacracker

Ebay:
    Final results

Wow, this went through quick!!! eBay sent me a shipping label at no charge. I have 72 hours to get this to the post office. Tracking is added to the label. Once the package is received, I will get a full refund including shipping and eBay will take the money from the sellers paypal. Looks like the case is closed! Figuratively speaking for now.

8. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Very good to hear! I'm glad it worked out for you. The guy obviously knew what he was selling and as a buyer I don't think you should have any financial responsibility for a sellers misleading description.

Congratulations.

9. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  10. deathonacracker

Ebay:
  11. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Seems like an honest mistake to me. The dude has several hundred positive feedback and I would doubt someone would tarnish that to get $39 :lol .

It is all resolved anyway, but the seller was willing to give you a full refund even though the listing said no refunds. Most places you send stuff back, you are going to have to pay shipping charges. I don't really see what the issue was, especially since it was all over 10 bucks.

12. deathonacracker

Ebay:
    i understand your point, however, it wasn't what i ordered. so as a seller i should be out $10? it's not the money it's the principle. as a 100% feedback seller, if im in a position where i send someone an item that i thought was real but turned out to be fake, i would reimburse him the full amount and pay for shipping myself. it's just good business. something i would expect from a seller with 100% positive feedback. now, that's just me but there are plenty of other sellers that would do the same thing. i was misled. if i got the item and i just didn't like it, that's a different story. not only that but he called me a liar and tried to put the blame on me. In the very first email i even offered to keep the item but asked for reimbursement for half the item up to the value of the actual CHMS MISP version which is $24, meaning i would still be losing money, but didn't want to go through the hassle of returning the item. i think that's also fair. he said no way. so, it came down to ebay settling it and they obviously felt he was in the wrong. i really did try. but again, as a honest seller and in good business, it should have been an easy decision. made a mistake, fix the mistake. shouldnt have esculated as far as it did. again, another one of his mistakes. now he will have negitave feedback becuase of his decisions.

13. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    There maybe plenty of people who don't want to go thru the trouble for "10 bucks" and hence why the seller STILL have a 100% feedback. Honestly, its the principle, and I would agree, that based on the principle of the matter, this is worth denting his good name.

14. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Glad you got it resolved quickly. Seemed like the evidence was a bit overwhelming in your favor.

15. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    If YOU want to send something back, YOU should pay the postage. It could have been an honest mistake, and they were quite happy to provide a refund. The buyer paying shipping for a return is standard practice. Sometimes a seller will offer to pay (as they have in the past to me) but it's rare, and shouldn't be expected as standard.

16. Triple Melter

Triple Melter EGG GANG™

Ok, if I buy a fucking transformer and get sent a dollar store robot toy, I'm not going to pay to send it back when I paid to have it shipped in the first place. That's ******ed. IT's NOT WHAT I PURCHASED.

If I actually receive what I PURCHASED and then decide I don't want it, then of course I should pay to send it back. There's a difference based on the situation.

Either people can't read or they need a serious reality check.

17. s10blazed

s10blazed Duly appointed...

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I hope he has the full amount in his PayPal account. If his balance doesn't cover your refund you still may be out of luck... I had that happen to me once before. The guy scammed a few dozen people at once and took his money and ran. I won my case but was refunded $0 of the ~$200 I was out.

Although I think they may have some insurance in place now.

I hope it works out smoothly for you.

18. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  19. motorhead9999

motorhead9999 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's usually not an issue anymore. Paypal will/has covered your loss right off the bat. They deal with the seller separately. Hence why they take your bank account info now when you set up a seller's account.

20. s10blazed

s10blazed Duly appointed...

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    That is good to hear. It happened to me over 10 years ago and I'm still pissed.